Salvation Army Echelon Atlanta Chapter - Event Information
Feed the homeless
The Salvation Army of Metro Atlanta served more than 160,000 meals and 140,000 nights of shelter in 2018. It takes volunteers like you to make this happen. Would you like to help?
Join Echelon ATL in The Salvation Army Red Shield Shelter kitchen as we prepare and serve food to its consumers.
About Red Shield:
The Red Shield Shelter is dedicated to restoring and enhancing the dignity, productivity, and hope of the homeless of Metro Atlanta. The 320-bed shelter provides care and counsel to the homeless of Atlanta 365 days a year through services which include: 2 to 3 nutritious meals daily, year-round recovery and social services programming, clothing and toiletries, a computer lab, and tutoring for the shelter children. Red Shield provides the much needed safe, secure, and drug-free environment for all those under our roof which they so desperately need. Your time spent with us will be well worth it and without your efforts, we could not provide all the meals and services we do.
3:00 PM - 6:00 PM Eastern
469 Marietta Street Atlanta, GA 30313 UNITED STATES
• Closed-toed shoes MUST be worn. Non slip/slip resistant shoes or tennis shoes are preferred. Please be aware that you will be walking in potentially slippery environments.
• No high heels or “open-toed” shoes (no flip-flops or sandals)
• No facial piercings
• Nojewelry. Including rings, earrings, bracelets, watches, necklaces, step trackers, etc.
• No shorts are allowed
• Long pants are preferred.
• No gum or drinks are allowed in the kitchen areas
• No sleeveless shirts or tank tops (a short sleeve t-shirt is fine)
• No headphones, ear buds or Bluetooth earpieces may be worn while prepping or serving meals
*You will be required to use aprons, hairnets, and gloves while working in our kitchen.
Directions to Red Shield:
469 Marietta St NW
Atlanta, Ga 30313
From North Metro
Take I-85/75 S to exit 249C to Williams Street/GA Aquarium
Turn Right on Ivan Allen Blvd
Turn Right on Marietta Street
Turn Right into Red Shield Parking Lot (on Marietta Street)
From West Metro / I-20
Take I-20 E to exit 56A for McDaniel Street, towards Whitehall St/US-19/US-29
At the end of the exit, take a left onto McDaniel Street.
Take the third right onto Northside Drive, heading Northeast towards the Georgia Dome.
Turn right on Ivan Allen Blvd (past the Congress Center Complex)
Take a left onto Marietta Street.
Turn Right into Red Shield Parking lot (on Marietta Street).