Employment Opportunities Title:
Plant Mechanic - Waste Water Treatment Plant (Salary range: $45,000 - $58,000/Annual D.O.Q.)
The Plant Mechanic will report to the Wastewater ORC/Supervisor. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to maintenance of plant grounds, maintaining and repairing plant equipment or other equipment related to collection and/or wastewater services. Prioritize assignments, handle multiple tasks, work independently, direct and assist staff or other personnel assigned to tasks that may involve additional assistance. Demonstrate interpersonal skills including a positive attitude, being a team member, and ability to solve mechanical problems with a variety of equipment. Order parts and track inventory for equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Daily Responsibilities (to include but not limited to the following):
• Installing, maintaining, repairing and operating plant and/or Rapid Infiltration Basin (RIB) equipment and ensuring proper working of Rapid Infiltration Basin bottoms allowing for maximum percolation, e.g. tractor implements, skimming, sub-soiler, and raking.
• Prioritize equipment repair and maintenance work.
• Troubleshoot and detect mechanical problems and failures.
• Keep a complete set of records for equipment, inventories, and reports.
• Spot check equipment for performance and make repairs as necessary.
• Assist in cross-training personnel.
• Perform electrical, plumbing, heating, ventilating, air conditioning, and structural maintenance repairs to buildings and facilities.
• Operating plant and/or RIB equipment.
• Maintenance and repair of mechanical equipment.
• Upkeep of mechanical shop and tools.
• Skills in a wide variety of tools and mechanical repair.
• Installing and maintaining pumps, rotary blowers, plant equipment and machinery.
• Diagnose mechanical troubles and determine appropriate maintenance and repair work.
• Read blueprints.
• Operate construction equipment.
• Interpret data from analytical equipment.
• Ability to communicate and use interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, and the general public in order to convey information and receive work direction.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Ensures safe working practices of self and others.
• May be necessary to work overtime, holidays, and weekends.
Education, Training and Experience
• High school diploma or equivalent education.
• Preferred knowledge:
o Pumps and pump maintenance
o Basic electric
o Gas Engine
o General mechanic
o Laser alignment (pump to motor)
o Blower and blower maintenance
o Basic plumbing skills
• Wastewater infrastructure maintenance.
• Working knowledge of light and heavy maintenance equipment.
• General computer and record keeping skills: Excel and MS Word.
• Some farming equipment experience a plus.
• Familiar with municipal RO system maintenance.
Certifications and Licenses
• Construction equipment operation.
• Valid Colorado Driver’s License.
• Other certifications preferred:
Attractive Benefits Package
• 100% Employee medical, dental and vision coverage (choice of plans)
• 75% Spouse and Dependent medical, dental and vision coverage (choice of plans)
• 457 deferred compensation retirement plan with 8% company contribution, no employee match required
• 30-day vesting
• 10 paid holidays (On-call duties may require work during holidays, with pay)
• Paid vacation and sick leave
Work is performed primarily outdoors or in maintenance shop. Must be able to prioritize projects in order to maintain smooth operation of plant. Work environment may be high paced and hazardous. Position requires employee to work OT when necessary, to include Plant or Rapid Infiltration emergencies. Applicant should expect to do heavy work such as: exerting more than 100 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or 50 lbs. of force frequently, and/or move 20 lbs. constantly. Position requires applicant to physically climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch walk, reach, push, pull and other actions in a physically dangerous environment. May be subjected to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, odors, dust, poor ventilation, extreme temperatures, work space restrictions, intense noises and travel. Primarily works alone but occasionally works with a crew. Must work in a variety of environmental conditions such as inclement weather. Employee must maintain ability to pass drug screen.
****** APPLICATION MUST ACCOMPANY RESUME ******
Cherokee Metropolitan District
6250 Palmer Park Blvd.
6250 Palmer Park Blvd.