Employment Opportunities Title:
SCADA Controller (Salary range: $54,288 - $69,514/Annual D.O.Q.)
The Cherokee Metropolitan District, a Title 32 Special District, has an opening for the position of SCADA Specialist. The incumbent will work under the direction of the District Operations Manager. This position, when filled, will require the incumbent individual to report to the District Operations Manager and work as an important part of the District’s Operations Team. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following; calibration of various control & monitoring instrumentation, loop checking instrument & control loops associated with various water and wastewater processes, troubleshooting multiple systems including hydraulic, mechanical, computer, software, electrical, motor, and electronic control systems, start-up of new/upgraded systems, and/or devices, maintenance and/or repair of computer, electrical, or electronic equipment/systems, project organization and ability to complete projects with time and/or budget limitations, administration of computer systems, SCADA software, and databases associated with each, training and communicating with operations staff. The SCADA Specialist position is a full-time, salaried position, and is considered exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to interpret and read drawings, schematics, P&ID diagrams.
• Ability to safely use various electronic test equipment.
• Understanding of electrical systems up to 750VAC and ability to work under the recommended safe work practices of NFPA 70E and 29 CFR 1910 Subpart S.
• Strong aptitude for mathematics.
• Use of basic hand and power tools.
• Basic understanding of water and wastewater system processes, motor control, and ladder logic programming.
• Familiarity with Windows Server Administration, Microsoft Excel, VMware products, GE Proficy iFIX and Historian products, and Motorola Telemetry hardware & software.
• Ability to communicate clearly with other disciplines.
Education and/or Experience
• Associate degree (2YR) in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering Technology or related field is desirable but not required.
• Certification with the International Society of Automation as a Certified Control System Technician I, or ability to certify within two (2) years of employment is required.
• Basic/entry level OCPO certifications in Water Treatment and/or Wastewater Treatment are desirable but not required.
• Minimum 3-5 years’ experience as a Control System or Automation Technician.
Qualifications & Skills (Required)
• Valid driver’s license with good driving record
• Proof of U.S. Citizenship
• Pass a pre-employment and/or random drug screening and background check
Attractive Benefits Package
• 100% Employee medical, dental and vision coverage (choice of plans)
• 75% Spouse and Dependent medical, dental and vision coverage (choice of plans)
• 457 deferred compensation retirement plan with 8% company contribution, no employee match required
• 30-day vesting
• 10 paid holidays (On-call duties may require work during holidays, with pay)
• Paid vacation and sick leave
This job description is not intended to list every function of the position, does not constitute an employment agreement, and is subject to change.
To ensure the safety of the public and reduce the risk for loss, background screenings are completed on applicants selected for employment. This position is subject to a screening process including but not limited to pre-employment drug screening, criminal history search, reference check, degree and employment verification, motor vehicle record check, and/or credit report.
Interested applicants should submit an application, resume and letter of interest to Human Resources, no later than 5:00pm on the close date. Applications are available online at www.cherokeemetro.org. Applications are also available at the District’s office located at 6250 Palmer Park Blvd., Colorado Springs, CO. 80915. Résumés will not be accepted in lieu of an application.
The Cherokee Metropolitan District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Cherokee Metropolitan District
6250 Palmer Park Blvd.
6250 Palmer Park Blvd.