Employment Opportunities Title:
Wastewater Reclamation Facility Class D Operator
- Performs a variety of unskilled and semi-skilled technical and maintenance work in the operation, maintenance, repair, and laboratory analysis of a 2.0 MGD wastewater treatment facility and lift stations.
- Monitoring, operating, servicing, and maintaining plant process equipment, systems, and processes to ensure proper operations.
- Inspecting pump valves, motors, filters, meters, and computerized controls; taking readings and filling out logs; generators; reviewing chemical levels;
adding chemicals; checking chemical feed pump settings and alarm point settings; repairing and/or replacing equipment; handling hazardous and toxic chemicals and materials; monitoring water volumes and quantities; monitoring operations to ensure compliance with applicable standards; and/or, performing other related duties, as directed.
- Responds to emergencies by returning calls within 10 minutes and being onsite within 60 minutes when on duty and when called in during non-scheduled hours for critical situations.
- Collects wastewater samples and assists in laboratory analyses.
- Minimum Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Driver License. Valid CDL Class B, with air brake and tanker endorsements, or ability to obtain within six months of hire.
- Colorado Wastewater Operator Class D License and Colorado Wastewater Collection Class 1 or ability to obtain within one years of hire.
- Ability to work varying shifts, nights, overtime, and standby.
- Must be able to pass a background check with results that are acceptable to the City of Rifle.
- Pass a DOT physical or currently hold medical certification. Pass drug and alcohol testing. Maintain all certifications throughout employment.
APPLY THROUGH THE CITY OF RIFLE WEBSITE ONLY.
Hiring range: $17.64/hr to $19.41/hr, plus paid on-call time.
The City of Rifle offers competitive benefits to its employees, including: Health, dental, and vision insurance, at low cost to employee and dependents;
City-funded Health Reimbursement Arrangement;
City-funded Health Savings Account;
Flexible Spending Account for reimbursement of day care expenses and out-of-pocket medical expenses;
2 weeks paid vacation annually, increasing with longevity;
Paid holidays, plus floating holidays annually;
City contribution toward 401 Retirement Plan;
Deferred compensation plan with City match.
City of Rifle
City of Rifle
202 Railroad Ave
Rifle, CO 81650