Employment Opportunities Title:
Staff Engineer - Wastewater
General Statement/ Organizational Responsibilities
Performs and coordinates engineering activities in planning, study, design, construction, modification and maintenance of wastewater transmission and treatment facilities. Works under the general direction of a higher level Engineer or an Engineering Division Head. May function as a project team leader directing and supervising the work of other engineers and engineering technicians.
1. Designs or assists in design of wastewater transmission, treatment, solids processing, and support facilities.
2. Administers and manages design and construction projects for wastewater transmission, treatment, solids processing and support facilities.
3. Manages updates to cost estimates and supporting documentation for the Capital Expenditure Schedule.
4. Assists in the review of studies, designs, and contract documents (plans and specifications) prepared by staff and consultants and provides recommendations to the project engineer or project team leader.
5. Prepares facility reports and similar studies of District wastewater transmission and treatment facilities. Maintains and updates planning information, financial and service area models, and plant capacity data.
6. Coordinates with other District departments as needed during the study, design, construction and post-construction phases of projects.
7. Develops scopes of work for engineering consultant services contracts, and evaluates proposals and bids. Manages study, design, bidding, construction and post-construction phase work done by consultants under engineering services contracts. Monitors and evaluates consultant performance.
8. Assists in the establishment of facility drawings for specific areas. Incorporates project drawings into facilities drawings.
9. Conducts detailed technical investigations into control and maintenance areas.
10. Performs other miscellaneous engineering-related tasks as necessary.
Bachelor's degree in civil, environmental or mechanical engineering, plus two years of engineering work experience. Enrolled as an Engineer Intern (EI) in the State of Colorado. Good technical, mathematical, and analytical skills as well as good written and verbal communications skills. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, consultants, contractors and the public.
Master's degree in civil, environmental or mechanical engineering. Knowledge of wastewater transmission and treatment. Registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of Colorado. Three to five years of experience as an Engineer Associate or three to five years of career experience. Experience with hydraulic, wastewater treatment and collection, and financial planning models. Experience with GIS.
Metro Wastewater Reclamation District
6450 York Street
Denver, CO 80229