Job Opportunities Title:
The Analyst will be expected to perform a variety of tasks, including research, writing, evaluating, analyzing and disseminating intelligence information on a variety of issues. The Analyst will support efforts to prevent, protect against, mitigate the effects of, respond to and recover from all-hazards, whether man-made or natural.
The Analyst will be expected to compile as well as author briefs, memos and reports related to relevant issues for both internal use and external publication. Additional responsibilities include maintaining and updating databases and having the capability to make presentations. The Analyst must be able to conduct analysis of multi-faceted data to show methods, trends, and patterns related to threats and/or hazards, identifying and prioritizing risk and vulnerability.
The Analyst will be expected to be up to date on current events, particularly those related to relevant subjects and regions, and to be able to provide analysis of those events, both for internal and external consumption.
- Capture, assess, interpret, corroborate and distribute intelligence appropriately, to include through the use of databases, software platforms and online portals
- Able to quickly and effectively summarize information from multiple sources into concise, analytical assessments and then disseminate the same to meet and fill priority collection requirements and intelligence gaps
- Monitor and report raw intelligence in a timely manner via various media forms and documentation tools
- Provide general information sharing as necessary to determine key patterns
- Identify intelligence collection gaps and prepare mitigation recommendations
- Identify and extract essential information from intelligence products and investigations
- Discern and report patterns of complex behavior and activity
- Analyze data and synthesize information into reports for dissemination
- Convey a clear and accurate understanding of present and future threats
- Apply highly developed inductive reasoning skills to provide a proactive approach to mitigate potential threats
- Initiate, establish, and maintain effective working relationships inside and outside the organization
- Analyze homeland security, law enforcement, and other non-law enforcement data and trends
- Position requires variable shift work, to include weekends, evenings and holidays, and participation in on-call rotations.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Graduation from an accredited college or university with Bachelor's degree in a field of study related to government, security, international relations, social sciences, economic, business or public-safety related fields AND/OR two (2) years of relevant public safety, law enforcement and/or military training and experience in a related M.O.S. that involves analytical experience in intelligence or public safety.
- Experience in conducting OSINT research
- Experience drafting intelligence briefs, threat assessments, and other intelligence products
- Experience receiving and processing SARs
- Ability to quickly and effectively synthesize and summarize information from multiple sources into concise, analytic assessments
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities in an operational environment, and to work well under strict deadlines and pressure
- Ability to understand and summarize large amounts of information in a concise manner, as well as the ability to communicate these to internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to identify and develop sources of information, including, but not limited to, the Internet, databases, and public records
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite, records management software, mass alert systems, mapping software (ArcGIS, Google Earth, etc.), Accurint, HSIN, automated monitoring systems and software, including internet and social media, to provide all-source research, analysis, monitoring and accurate report production
- Proficiency with Apple operating systems
- Ability to accurately input detailed information into databases, adhering to established data integrity policies and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking to diverse information sets
- Demonstrated ability to maintain accurate and complete files
- Effective oral and written communications skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate good judgement under pressure
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse group of professionals
Desired candidates have previous experience as an analyst working in a GIOC or RTCC environment and a demonstrated interest in security, counterterrorism, international relations, and political science. Additionally, experience in analytical and research roles in an office environment is preferred. Understanding of public safety, national security, and current geo-political considerations is required.
The Secure Community Network is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified individuals may apply by emailing a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to HR@securecommunitynetwork.org. This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in the above position.
Secure Community Network