|Title:||Summer Seasonal Systems Maintenance – Eagle River Water and Sanitati|
|Details:||Looking for a great Summer job with great views and a purpose? Eagle River Water and Sanitation District is currently seeking Seasonal Systems Maintenance Workers to support the Field Operations department in Summer operations. This role will support the goals of the Field Operations Department, which maintains and enhances the safety and well-being of the community by providing exceptional water and wastewater service, and maintaining the District’s extensive network of underground assets. The department continuously strives to meet the needs of the community by constantly focusing on customer service, efficient and effective utilization of resources, safety, innovation, and teamwork.|
This is a great opportunity for a candidate who would like to gain some exposure to our industry and to work outdoors in a role that provides a service for our community. Other benefits include paid holidays and opportunities for training.
The regular schedule for this position will be 7:00am-3:30pm Monday-Friday but may work weekends or holidays as required. This position will work up to 1000 hours for the season and will be based out of the Avon Wastewater Treatment Facility.
We are also
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Assists in performing or performs repairs to fire hydrants, water mains, water valves, PRV's, sewer lines, sewer manholes, lift stations and helping other departments as needed.
• Performs repairs on equipment used by maintenance department.
• Operates power and hand tools in assisting with main repairs and system maintenance.
• Completes work orders daily and work order requests for jobs.
• Conducts general maintenance and painting.
• Performs traffic control on job sites.
• Must be willing to work overtime and weekends.
• Required to follow all District safety and security policies and wear Personal Protective Equipment as required by the job duties
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Proven customer service skills and the ability to work productively with minimal direct supervision.
• Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal) are essential. This position works closely with consumers, contractors, developers and other District Departments.
• Ability to use office equipment such as phone systems, copier, and fax machine, and radio system. The ability to work as a member of a team is a must. Computer proficiency.
• Must possess a valid Colorado Driver's license and be insurable under District's standards.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk and hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and confined spaces. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
|Comments:||Starting pay for this role is $15/hour.|
All applicants must apply online at www.erwsd.org to be considered. All employees must be insurable under District standards, submit to a pre-employment drug screen and extensive background check.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a full job description or for any additional questions.
|Employer:||Eagle River Water and Sanitation District|
846 Forest Rd.
|Website:||visit our website...|