|Title:||Civil Project Engineer III – Surface Water/Urban Stormwater Engineer|
|Details:||Merrick & Company is seeking a Project Engineer / Civil Engineer III with experience in analysis, design and construction oversight of urban stormwater and surface water infrastructure to join our Water Group in our Denver, Greenwood Village and Loveland Colorado offices.|
Perform assignments in the analysis and design of surface water and storm water features and infrastructure. Prepare and review working drawings, details, layouts, cost estimates, studies, reports and work products. Position also involves providing construction support and oversight including administration and limited inspection, submittal review and document management. Must be capable of performing independent design tasks, reviewing the designs of others, preparing bid documents including drawings and specifications, and organizing all drawings, reports, calculations, and associated project deliverables, after receiving initial instructions from project manager, while receiving limited supervision. Must be capable of directing and managing a team of design engineers and/or technicians on water projects. Must become knowledgeable of Merrick procedures, understand them and be able to apply them when required. Candidate must be capable of making sound engineering decisions, exercise initiative, judgment and knowledge commensurate with the responsibilities of the position.
The successful candidate must possess good interpersonal skills to effectively interface with clients and Local, State, and Federal government agencies and be capable to lead project progress meetings, make project presentations, and provide clear written communications. Additional duties may involve project management for projects including managing budget, schedule, and client expectations.
Some travel may be required.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Civil and/or Environmental Engineering from an A.B.E.T. Accredited School.
· Master’s Degree preferred.
· Eight (8) years minimum of experience in the design and construction oversight of water facilities and projects.
· Experience working on open channel and minor creeks and rivers, streambank restoration, and storm sewer projects.
· Experience in AutoCAD Civil 3D.
· Experience with advanced hydraulic and hydrologic modeling software
o 2-Dimensional and 3-dimensional modeling
o GIS Systems and Programs
o Water quality structure design
· Public works design experience with local, State and Federal governments is a plus.
· Local candidates preferred, but will relocate the right candidate.
· Required Certifications: P.E. (Professional Engineer) State of Colorado
· The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
· Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality.
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
· Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Occasional travel to client facilities and project sites require ability to climb ladders, inspect without entering manholes and vaults and be physically mobile in and around water and wastewater facilities, as well as being able to open gates, doors, vaults and manhole lids.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to: computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Apply on line only. No e-mail, hard copy or third party resumes accepted.
Merrick & Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes; health insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), unique work-life benefits, continuing education and training through the Merrick Learning Institute.
We recognize the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of internal and external training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through excellent benefits and competitive salaries.
Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
|Employer:||Merrick & Company|
5970 Greenwood Plaza Blvd.
Greenwood Village, CO
|Website:||visit our website...|