|Title:||DISTRICT MANAGER - SANITATION DISTRICT|
|Location:||Grand Lake, CO|
|Details:||Hired by the Board of Directors, the District Manager serves as Chief Executive Officer of the District and implements Board policy. The District Manager determines and executes the organization’s administrative, financial and operational policies; and further manages the administration of the business affairs of the District. A full job description is available and can be viewed on the District’s website as well as available for public view at the office of the District.|
|Qualifications:||Required Knowledge and Skills:|
1.. Effective management and leadership skills including creative problem solving, motivating employees, and assuring the organization accomplishes objectives and goals; knowledge of the five functions of management including planning, organizing, staffing, coordinating, and controlling;
2. Knowledge of Colorado Revised Statutes, Title 32 governing special districts;
3. Organizational skills to properly plan, start projects and carry out duties;
4. Oral Communication skills including public speaking, presenting and presiding at meetings, and providing clear directives to staff;
5. Leadership/Supervisory – Self-motivated, possesses skills to motivate others, possesses good interpersonal skills, strong judgement skills, competent supervision abilities, strong negotiation skills, ability to work with people diplomatically;
6. Levelheaded, works well under pressure, takes criticism well;
7. Computer skills – Proficient in word processing [Microsoft Word], spreadsheet programs, mapping programs, knowledge of PC/AT computers, including data entry; and
8. Knowledge of bookkeeping processes.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
1. Possess a Bachelor’s degree from a nationally accredited educational institution (Degree in management preferred) and a minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in management positions that include experience in coordinating, supervising and administering personnel and operations, and some experience in budgeting processes and financial operations of a special district; or any combination of education and/or experience that has provided the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for excellent job performance;
2. Possess and maintain a valid Colorado Driver’s License with a satisfactory driving record;
3. Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects correctly;
4. Ability to work a schedule that includes early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays;
5. Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with the Board, District members, other organizations and the community;
6. Work well in a team-oriented environment;
7. Possess a positive attitude, and be a self-starter; and,
8. Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language at a level adequate to perform the job.
1. Experience and training in special district administration including but not limited to budgeting, auditing and election processes; and.
2. Experience navigating legal issues on behalf of a governmental entity.
Working Environment/Physical Requirements:
1. A substantial portion of this position will involve sedentary, administrative work in an office environment.
2. This position requires ability to sit for extended periods, and frequent pushing, pulling, pinching, griping, reaching over head, reaching away from body, and repetitive motions.
3. Standing, walking, kneeling, stooping, bending, lifting 25 lbs. on a regular basis, and squatting also will be required as necessary to perform the duties of the position.
4. Requires frequent use of senses, including sight, touch, hearing, and speaking.
5. Requires daily presence in the office during normal business hours.
6. Work will involve periods of high mental and/or emotional stress.
|Comments:||Compensation is competitive with other like Districts but is dependent upon experience, qualifications and professional achievement. In addition, all full-time employees are eligible for a full benefit package.|
|Employer:||Three Lakes Water & Sanitation District|
PO Box 899
Grand Lake, CO 80447
|Website:||visit our website...|