|Title:||Utilities Technician – FOGG|
|Location:||City of Westminster, Colorado|
|Details:||Requisition Number: 17-00033B|
Salary Range: $47,520 - $60,830 per year
Closing Date: Monday, May 15, 2017, 8:30 a.m.
The Utilities Technician – FOGG (Fats, Oils, Grease and Grit) is a skilled position in the operation and repair of water and wastewater utilities systems, and requires high public contact in all types of situations. The primary duty for this Utilities Technician position is assessing existing Fats, Oils, Grease and Grit disposal efforts within government organizations in order to identify trends and determine best practices. In addition, incumbent: develops partnerships to promote FOGG programs and activities; serves as a liaison to homeowners, owners of FOGG devices, grease-hauling firms and other City Departments/Divisions regarding FOGG maintenance and ordinances issues; and stays current in issues and trends related to the discharge of FOGGs, and in local, state and federal regulations pertaining to water and sewer utility. A majority of time will be spent inspecting device required for FOGG generators and monitoring the discharges of FOGG into the City's wastewater collection system. A minimum of 75% of the work is performed in the field.
Work will be performed in accordance with established policies, procedures, and technical guidelines, and is reviewed by supervisors through conferences, reports, and results obtained. It is a mandatory requirement of this position to work overtime, take weekend duty, and be on call for emergency work such as snow removal, water breaks, and sewer backups. Must be able to respond within thirty minutes when on call. This is a safety-sensitive position.
The full salary range for this position is stated above. The starting range of pay is dependent on qualifications and experience of each individual candidate. The City of Westminster offers a bonus of up to $1,500 per year depending on the employee's fluency in Spanish, Hmong, and/or Laotian.
Education, Experience, Skills, Formal Training, Licenses, and Certifications
• Graduation from high school or completion of GED
• Certified for working in the field for the following: confined space entry, gas detection, Asbestos awareness, cement pipe awareness, and flagger training
• Experience in the operation of sewer cleaning equipment, the operation of light equipment used in construction or maintenance work, and water distribution maintenance techniques
• Must possess a valid driver's license, provide proof of a safe driving record, and maintain a safe driving record for continued employment
• Must possess a Commercial Driver License with the following endorsements: Air Brakes, Tanker, and Combination Vehicle/Class A License
• Must be able to study for and pass the Class 3 Collection State Certification within 12 months of hire or be working towards obtaining this certification by testing regularly
• Must attend Grease Summit within one year of hire
• It is a mandatory requirement of this position to work overtime, take weekend duty and be on call for emergency work such as snow removal, water breaks, and sewer backups
• Certified in CPR and First Aid
• Experience in the operation of wastewater main line television inspection equipment
• Minimum three (3) years of experience in water/wastewater
Any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience, which would provide the required knowledge and skills, may be considered
|Employer:||City of Westminster, Colorado|
4800 W. 92nd Avenue
Westminster, CO 80031
|Website:||visit our website...|