|Location:||Big Dry Creek Wastwater Treatment Plant|
|Details:||Requisition Number: 17-00088|
Salary Range: $63,462 - $81,237 per year
Closing Date: Monday, May 22, 2017, 8:30 a.m.
The Chemist is a skilled professional position responsible for performing specialized and complex chemical, physical and bacteriological analyses on water, wastewater and treatment process sludge. Work involves collecting samples and performing laboratory and field analyses at sampling locations in the water, wastewater and reclaim treatment facilities; water distribution, wastewater collection and reclaim systems; and lakes and streams in the watershed. Tasks include the evaluation and reporting of analytical data using established policies, procedures and technical guidelines, and research and development of new analytical procedures.
The full salary range for this position is stated above. The starting range of pay is dependent on qualifications and experience of each individual candidate. The City of Westminster offers a bonus of up to $1,500 per year depending on the employee's fluency in Spanish, Hmong, and/or Laotian.
Education, Experience, Skills, Formal Training, Licenses, and Certifications
• Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with course work in Chemistry, Biology, Environmental Science or related field
• Two years of experience in a municipal or commercial laboratory
• Must possess a valid driver's license, provide proof of a safe driving record, and maintain a safe driving record for continued employment
• Three years of experience in a municipal or commercial laboratory
• Direct experience with the calibration and maintenance protocols for standard and advanced analytical instruments
Any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience, which would provide the required knowledge and skills, may be considered.
|Comments:||HOW TO APPLY|
A City of Westminster online employment application is required for this position and is due by the closing date. Apply online at www.cityofwestminster.us/jobs by 8:30 a.m., on the closing date.
|Employer:||City of Westminster|
4800 W. 92nd Avenue
Westminster, CO 80031
|Website:||visit our website...|