|Title:||Waste Water Treatment Plant - Operator A and B|
|Location:||Fort Morgan, Colorado|
Under the direct supervision of the Wastewater Treatment Plant Superintendent and/or Wastewater Treatment Plant Senior Operator, assists in the responsibility of process control and monitoring treatment efficiencies. Performs a variety of semi-skilled and skilled plant operations including servicing and maintenance of treatment plant equipment, laboratory-testing procedures used to check operating standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for the process control of facility.
• Working knowledge of solids handling and 503 biosolids regulations and requirements.
• Monitors flows, operational parameters and equipment.
• Assists with plant operations and equipment maintenance.
• Operates, adjusts, manipulates flows and treatment plant equipment using accepted methods to produce the highest quality product in an economical manner.
• Performs lab testing as assigned and maintains records.
• Interprets test results and performs calculations.
• Records operational changes, observations and completed jobs daily, keeping all records neat and up to date.
• Observes or detects impending process problems and reacts in a timely and proper manner.
• Follows proper safety procedures and utilizes safety equipment at all times.
• Assists lower level operators with cross training in various areas of plant operations and maintenance.
• May be requested to assist collection and distribution department on occasion.
• Responds to after hour calls or emergencies at facility as an equal member of the treatment plant team.
• Accepts on-call duty with other qualified operators on a rotating basis, which requires working some flexible hours, weekends and holidays.
• Operates and maintains facility as requested or assigned.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
• High school diploma or the equivalent. Specialized training or education in treatment plant operations, chemistry, laboratory techniques and various related fields.
• For an A Operator: Must have a minimum of four (4) years of increasing responsible experience in the operation and maintenance of a wastewater treatment plant.
• For a B Operator: Must have a minimum of three (3) years of increasing responsible experience in the operation and maintenance of a wastewater treatment plant.
Must have strong mathematical skills.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• Must possess a valid Class A Colorado driver's license.
• Must possess the respective level of the State of Colorado Wastewater Operators Certification to attain the respective title and pay level.
|File:||Click here to view more info|
|Employer:||City of Fort Morgan|
|Website:||visit our website...|