|Title:||Class B Water Operator, ORC|
|Location:||Beulah, CO 81023|
|Details:||Position: Class B Water System Operator, ORC.|
Company Names and Location: Beulah Water Works District & Pine Drive Water District, Beulah, CO (719) 485-3492 (719) 485-3434
Located in a Colorado mountain community
Salary and Benefits:
1. Salary range $40,000.00 to $55,000.00, negotiable based on experience.
2. PERA retirement 3. Cell phone and plan furnished.
Minimum of four years’ experience at Class B level with current certifications in class B and distribution systems.
Manage and operate two (2) Special District water systems, approx. 325 metered taps, full time.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Operate, coordinate, measure, record, monitor, and maintain Districts’ treatment plants, distribution, storage and raw and treated water systems.
1. Water sampling programs and testing.
2. Cross-Connection Control Program.
3. Monthly meter reading and repair/replace meters.
4. Hydrant testing, flushing and repair.
5. Keep water infrastructure records.
6. Leak detection.
7. Repair water mains and direct repair crews.
8. Maintain all required records of work performed.
9. Ensure safe work practices and procedures compliant with OSHA regulations.
10. Operate and maintain OPTO 22 program and radio communication control system.
11. Coordinate/assist with water construction projects.
12. Provide written monthly reports to both District Boards, attend board meetings.
13. Maintain adequate materials and supplies to insure continuity of water operations.
14. Research and maintain current knowledge of applicable government policies and law.
15. Supervise, monitor, train and evaluate one part-time operator.
1. Regulations, principles, and practices of water distribution systems/maintenance.
2. Use of standard hand and power tools and equipment.
3. Principles and practices of electrical, mechanical, and plumbing system installation, maintenance, service and repair.
4. Safety practices and procedures including proper handling and storage of chlorine and other hazardous chemicals.
1. Operating computerized and mechanical equipment to control plant processes.
2. Recognizing unusual, inefficient, or unsafe conditions and taking appropriate action.
3. Performing accurate calculations.
4. Reading and interpreting plans, diagrams, specifications, and maps.
5. Using initiative and independent judgement within established and acceptable guidelines.
6. Establishing and maintaining effective work relationships with coworkers, Board members, contractors and the public. Having sufficient maturity, tact and experience to provide leadership and training to other operator(s), to assure compliance with applicable regulations/protocols, and to resolve conflicts.
7. Keeping a clean appearance of treatment plant, pump stations and grounds.
8. Having ability to set work priorities.
9. Demonstrating ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, to write procedures, protocols, and to work with local, state and federal agencies.
Physical and Other Demands:
1. Some heavy lifting, digging with a shovel, reaching, crawling, stooping, crouching, walking
over rough or uneven terrain, and climbing on ladders.
2. Be available after hours and on weekend if needed.
1. Must have or obtain and maintain a valid Colorado driver’s license.
2. Have completed incident command training NIMS 700, ICS 100 or equivalent as required for public utility employees.
3. Submit to a 50-state criminal background check.
4. Submit to standardized drug screening if an offer of employment is made; employment is contingent upon passing the drug screen.
|Employer:||Beulah Water Works District and Pine Drive Water District|
|Contact:||Bill Wheeler 719-485-3492 or Gary Kyte 485-3434|
please call above