|Details:||The Eagle River Water and Sanitation District is currently seeking an experienced Utility Locator to perform activities related to utility locating including maintenance, locating and recording underground utility lines and other District assets. |
This position supports the goals of the Field Operations Department, which maintains and enhances the safety and well-being of the community by providing exceptional water and wastewater service, and maintaining the District’s extensive network of underground assets. The department continuously strives to meet the needs of the community by constantly focusing on customer service, efficient and effective utilization of resources, safety, innovation, and teamwork.
The regular schedule for this position will be 40 hours a week Monday-Friday and will be responsible for occasional on-call shifts.
This is an exciting opportunity for a positive, collaborative and communicative professional with good decision making ability. The ideal candidate for this role must be organized, have utility locating experience and be comfortable working on their own. This position will have a ton of daily variety, including working with lots of different people, office work and outdoor field work. And the best part: you get paid to drive around and see some pretty amazing places.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Locates underground utility lines for ERWSD/UERWA.
• Uses utility maps, as-built civil engineering drawings, G.I.S. information, and various pipe and electronic locating equipment.
• Utilizes stakes, flags, and/or paint to mark the location of underground utilities.
• Utilizing Cityworks and 811 prepares various reports, forms, photos and memos to document work orders, and problems encountered and/or resolved.
• Create and complete computer generated work orders daily using GIS and CMMS.
• Updates ERWSD/UERWA program-related records.
• Verifies field information and notifies the designated departments regarding updates and corrections.
• Investigates and prepares detailed written documentation on excavations that result in damage to underground utilities.
• Assists in shut down of mains for repairs or connections.
• Provides support and back up to the Field Operations and Customer Service staff.
• Operates and maintains mechanical and electronic equipment,
• Demonstrate knowledge of District Regulations regarding development and construction.
• Coordinate activities with other District Departments and/or Divisions.
• Required to follow all District safety and security policies and wear Personal Protective Equipment as required by the job duties.
• Other duties as assigned
|Qualifications:||• High School Diploma or equivalent. |
• Must be 18 years or older.
• High school diploma or GED, and two years of directly related maintenance or utility locating experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
• Experience with Utility locating practices and procedures strongly preferred.
• Colorado Distribution and Collection Licenses preferred.
• Must possess or be able to obtain Collection 1 and Distribution 1 certifications through OCPO within the first 12 months of employment.
• Knowledge of standard operating procedures of the Colorado 811 system preferred.
• Must be able to maintain small to medium-sized equipment and trucks.
• Proven customer service skills and the ability to work productively with minimal direct supervision.
• Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Ability to read and interpret utility maps and as-built civil engineering drawings (this also includes cut-sheets and curbstop diagrams).
• Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal) are essential. This position works closely with consumers, contractors, developers and other District Departments.
• Computer proficiency required, including basic Microsoft Office skills.
• Ability to work with CMMS to create work orders and use GIS and GPS to read maps.
• Ability to use office equipment such as phone systems, copier, and fax machine, and radio system required.
• Must possess a valid Colorado Driver's license and be insurable under District's standards.
• Must obtain CPR/First Aid Certification within the first six (6) months of employment.
• Must possess or be able to obtain a Commercial Driver License with the following endorsements: Air Brakes, Tanker, and Combination Vehicle/Class “A” or “B” License within 12 months of employment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is physical in nature, and requires sufficient physical strength and stamina for:
Constant standing and walking on uneven terrain in various conditions to perform work, constant squatting, bending and kneeling to perform work at various sites
Frequent sitting to write reports and drive to and from work sites.
Occasional climbing and balancing on ladders, stairs, framing and step ladders at unprotected heights to look for structural hazards; occasional reaching overhead and below shoulder to manipulate tools and equipment.
Frequent light grasp, hand manipulation and handling needed to use equipment; occasional firm grasp is needed to manipulate tools
Frequent stepping up/down to get in and out of vehicles, trenches and foundations; frequent actuate mechanism needed to safely operate vehicles
Frequent use of vision to detect hazards; constant use of near acuity to write reports and perform office tasks
Occasional lifting and carrying of up to twenty five (25) pounds
Must be able to talk and hear.
|Comments:||HIRING RANGE |
Hourly wage depends on experience and certifications.
Hiring range for trainee (no certifications): $18.00 - $21.76
All applicants must apply online at www.erwsd.org to be considered. All employees must be insurable under District standards, submit to a pre-employment drug screen and extensive background check.
Please contact email@example.com for a full job description or for any additional questions.
|Employer:||Eagle River Water and Sanitation District|
846 Forest Rd.
|Website:||visit our website...|