To collect, process, analyze and distribute various data, statistics, and information related to crime; evaluate data pertaining to crime in the City and produce reports for submittal to supervisory personnel; maintain and update intelligence data files; provide complex analytical support to the Police Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Query, edit and manipulate data across multiple tables. SSRS and T-SQL, VBA, Access or related backgrounds are essential.
2. Collect, research, analyze and distribute data and information related to criminal activities in the community; compile information into reports; maintain various intelligence and criminal activity files.
3. Compile daily activity summaries; compile and disseminate data to departmental personnel.
4. Create and manage charts including association and timeline matrixes.
5. Coordinate analysis of crime statistics with other departmental personnel.
6. Identify, summarize and report significant trends and patterns indicated by data; make recommendations for addressing criminal activity trends to departmental management.
7. Present findings to sworn staff at all levels, or upper-level executives in other fields.
8. Provide complex analytical support to the department for various special projects and assignments.
9. Research various information and criminal activity through computer databases and/or hard copies and assist other departmental personnel in searching these files.
10. Research and document data requested by personnel.
11. Establish good working relationships and be able to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
12. Appropriately handle sensitive information with the ability to multitask and prioritize appropriately.
|Qualifications:||Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:|
Two years of experience in statistical research and analyzing data in a Police Department, other law enforcement agency or military intelligence.
Equivalent to an Associates' degree from an accredited community college with major course work in criminal justice, computer science or related field.
- Relational databases including querying, editing, and manipulating data across multiple tables utilizing SSRS and T-SQL, VBA, Access or related backgrounds are essential.
- One or more GIS applications, ESRI products preferred.
- Analytical techniques to include research methods, crime theory, and process evaluation.
- Statistical reporting and modeling, using Excel, SPSS, Crystal or SSRS and T-SQL.
- English language (i.e. usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation).
- Business letter writing and report writing procedures, format, and preparation.
- Principles and procedures of record keeping.
- Procedures of records processing/maintenance in a law enforcement agency.
- Principles and procedures for compiling and analyzing crime statistics.
- Organization, procedures and operating details of a law enforcement agency.
- Law enforcement systems and criminal justice system.
- Modern office methods, practices, procedures and computer equipment.
- Computer data entry applications.
|Employer:||Fayetteville Police Department|
467 Hay Street Fayetteville, NC 28301
|Website:||visit our website...|