Intelligence Analyst - Management Analyst 1
|Title:||Intelligence Analyst - Management Analyst 1|
|Location:||Carson City, NV|
Management Analysts conduct a variety of studies, research and analysis of management and administrative areas such as budgeting and financial analysis; departmental operations; legislative analysis; management research; and statistical and informational analysis.
Incumbents possess a degree of knowledge and proficiency sufficient to perform work independently with little or no additional training.
This position supports the Nevada Department of Public Safety, Investigation Division - Nevada Threat Analysis Center (NTAC) as an Intelligence Analyst. Duties include, but are not limited to: collecting, analyzing, and disseminating data (suspicious activity reports, actionable criminal intelligence and threat information, etc.) to and from federal, state, local, tribal and private sector partners as appropriate; developing, writing, and disseminating actionable intelligence products; identifying potential patterns and trends associated with criminal intelligence information; identifying intelligence gaps; creating and contributing to various regional, statewide, and local threat assessments; utilizing law enforcement databases for processing data and conducting criminal intelligence research; maintaining awareness of the national, state and local threat environment, and ensuring that command staff is aware of actual or potential threats or vulnerabilities; responding to requests for information from federal, state, local, tribal and private sector partners; promoting and supporting efforts to counter criminal threats, especially terrorism; developing and maintaining collaborative relationships with federal, state, local, tribal and private sector partners; and applying privacy, civil rights and civil liberty protections to the collection, analysis, and dissemination of intelligence information. ***THE SELECTED CANDIDATE MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN AND MAINTAIN A FEDERAL SECURITY CLEARANCE AS A CONDITION OF CONTINUING EMPLOYMENT. ***THIS POSITION IS SUBJECT TO CALLBACKS, WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAY WORK. *** THIS RECRUITMENT MAY CLOSE AT ANY TIME BASED ON THE AMOUNT OF APPLICATIONS RECEIVED. QUALIFIED APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
Please visit the State of Nevada employment website at:
In order to be qualified, you must meet the following requirements:
Education and Experience (Minimum Qualifications):
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in public or business administration, finance, social sciences, mathematics or related field and one year of professional or paraprofessional experience in the research, development, evaluation or revision of programs, organizations, methods or procedures, or administration of policies and procedures for a program or functional area; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience on a year-for-year basis.
- A valid driver's license is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
- Without the required Bachelor's degree this position would require 5 years of experience of which 2 years were at the paraprofessional level and 3 years that were at the professional level performing research, development, evaluation or revision of programs, organizations, methods or procedures.
- The ability to travel at least 25% of the time is required.
- A State of Nevada/FBI background check will be required of the selected applicant.
- A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required.
- Pursuant to NRS 284.4066, this position has been identified as affecting public safety. Persons offered employment in this position must submit to a pre-employment screening for controlled substances.
Additional Position Experience
1) Experience with intelligence analysis and research to include link analysis and data manipulation.
2) Experience formulating and conducting research; collating, organizing, and analyzing information; creating reports and presenting findings related to intelligence analysis.
3) Experience with data mining disparate data sources to identify and extract key information, relationships, trends, and other requirements.
|Employer:||Nevada Department of Public Safety|
|Website:||visit our website...|