|Title:||TN Division of Natural Areas Program Administrator|
|Details:||Tennessee Division of Natural Areas, Bureau of Parks and Conservation, anticipates hiring a full-time TDEC Environmental Manager 3 who will serve as the Natural Areas Program Administrator and will supervise regional staff who oversee a system of 85 state natural areas (totaling 122,500 acres) and oversee the division’s direct management of 33 state natural areas. Based in Nashville, this position is a preferred services position and will require some overnight travel.|
This position reports directly to the division director and supervises four regional stewardship ecologists. The successful candidate will provide guidance, assistance, and resources to enable staff to achieve ecological restoration and management of state natural areas and rare species habitats, as well as construction and maintenance of trails, boundaries, and other facilities. He or she will seek grants, other available funds, and resources to assist with natural area management, ecological restoration, and acquisition. The Program Administrator will implement criteria to select properties for inclusion into the state’s natural areas and state park system, work with the division’s Natural Heritage Program to monitor rare species and communities on state natural areas, assist with and oversee the creation and revision of natural area management plans and rules, assist with project estimates and contractual specifications, provide contract oversight, and work with outside partners and contractors.
• Experience supervising ecologists, biologists, or natural resource managers
• Working knowledge of ecological concepts of the region
• Experience guiding or implementing ecological restoration
• Experience with prescribed fire for management of conservation lands, including writing burn prescriptions and natural area management plans
• Experience with prescription and implementation of integrated pest management
• Ability to conduct public outreach related to natural areas preservation
• Working knowledge of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) mapping software and Global Positioning System (GPS) units
• Ability to operate various types of equipment used for ecological restoration
• Ability to conduct field work and site assessments in difficult terrain including the ability to meet physical standards of wildland / prescribed fire certification
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree and five years of full-time professional environmental program, natural resource conservation work, increasingly responsible work or full-time professional work that involved ensuring compliance with radiation safety standards and/or regulations. Graduate coursework may be substituted for the required experience, on year-for-year basis, to a maximum of two years (24 semester hours is equivalent to one year). http://agency.governmentjobs.com/tennessee/default.cfm?action=viewclassspec&classSpecID=965029&viewOnly=yes.
The position opens on April 11, 2018 and closes on April 24, 2018. During this period, candidates must complete an online state application for the TDEC Environmental Manager 3 position via the Tennessee Department of Human Resources website at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/tennessee/default.cfm. Candidates who meet the minimum qualifications will then receive supplementary questions to answer within five business days.
Prior to the above-listed application window, interested candidates should send a resume and writing example to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TDEC is an AA/EEO/ADA employer.
|Employer:||State of Tennessee|
TN Division of Natural Areas
321 Rosa L. Parks Blvd, Floor 2
Nashville TN 37243
|Website:||visit our website...|
Invest in the people who protect and manage our natural areas