Job Board Title:
Staff Engineer (Water Treatment)
GHD is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 8500 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics. Committed to sustainable development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate.
Our office in Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania is looking for a Staff Engineer to join their Water Engineering team to assist with the preparation of investigations, permit applications, designs and project development for water treatment & distribution systems throughout the region. This is a great opportunity to further your engineering career!
Additional responsibilities will include:
• Completing assigned study, design and construction engineering tasks by working closely with senior project engineers and project managers
• Completing permit applications for water, wastewater, and stormwater projects
• Performing design calculations, alternative analyses and economic evaluations
• Gathering and compiling data
• Developing water treatment facility and water distribution system layouts
• Developing wastewater facility and collection system layouts
• Administering meetings, including pre-bid, pre-construction, and project progress meetings.
• Assisting with coordination of multi-disciplinary design projects
• Maintaining open communication with project team members
Ideally, we’re looking for someone with the following qualifications and skills:
• Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering
• Engineer in Training Certification preferred
• Intent to pursue Professional Engineers (PE) License in PA; Professional Engineers license in PA a plus
• Between 2 - 10 years of relevant water engineering experience, including water treatment, distribution and pumping system design and knowledge of drinking water regulations
• Highly developed communication skills, both oral and written, open communication
• Good people relationship and networking skills
• Focus on client service
• Devise approaches to problem resolution
• Ability to be proactive and take ownership of assigned tasks
• Willingness to observe construction activities and complete field investigations
• Willingness to travel to various project sites throughout eastern and northeastern Pennsylvania
GHD is a large, well established organization with a culture that promotes safety, teamwork, integrity and respect. As a valued member of the business, you will have the opportunity to work with industry leaders and to develop your career through the GHD Business School.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
If you are interested in pursuing this position, please submit your resume and cover letter via GHD's website: https://ghd.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=BLO00019&lang=en
285 Delaware Ave.