Engineer - Water/Wastewater (Entry-Level)
|Title:||Engineer - Water/Wastewater (Entry-Level)|
|Details:||GHD is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation. |
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 10,000 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics. Committed to sustainable development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate.
Our Northeast Water/Wastewater business is growing! Because of this increase in workload, we have an entry-level Engineer opening available in our Harrisburg, PA office. As an entry-level Engineer, you will participate in the planning, design, permitting and construction of a variety of Civil and Environmental engineering projects for municipal and private clients.
This is a great opportunity to kick-start your engineering career!
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
• Development of supporting project information (i.e. calculations, analyses, evaluations, cost estimates, report text, figures, drawings, etc.)
• Performing construction phase engineering tasks (i.e. submittal review, test data evaluation and compilation, etc.)
• Assisting with the development of drawings through the use of AutoCAD
• Helping to develop preliminary facilities layouts and designs
• Maintaining open communication with project team members and project managers
|Qualifications:||The successful candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:|
• Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering
• 0-3 years of experience; internship or co-op experience preferred
• EIT preferred with intent to pursue Professional Engineering license
• Intermediate AutoCAD skills (layout, surface development, volume calculations)
• Highly developed communication skills, both oral and written
• Good relationship and networking abilities
• Focus on customer services
• Devise approaches to problem resolution
• Ability to be proactive and take ownership of the task involved
• Willingness to observe construction activities and complete field investigations
GHD is a large, well established organization with a culture that promotes safety, teamwork, integrity and respect. As a valued member of the business, you will have the opportunity to work with industry leaders and to develop your career through the GHD Business School.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
|Comments:||If you are interested in pursuing this position, please submit your resume and cover letter via GHD's website: https://ghd.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=CAZ00219&lang=en|
285 Delaware Ave.
|Website:||visit our website...|