Job Board Title:
Wastewater Treatment Plant Superintendent
The Butler Area Sewer Authority (BASA) is looking for an individual to manage the overall operation and maintenance of their 10 MGD wastewater treatment plant, 23 pump stations, 4 diversion pump stations and 3 equalization storage tank facilities. This individual plans, organizes and coordinates all aspects of operation and maintenance activities; ensures all operations are in compliance with the NPDES Permit, state and federal regulations; supervises and evaluates the performance of assigned staff in a union environment; plans and schedules work assignments; implements BASA's safety program and an asset management program; administers all BASA policies and procedures to create a fiscally responsible and efficient operation. Complete job description and responsibilities are available at www.basapa.org.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Oversight of the plant asset management program utilizing the established records management system,
• Develop and monitor the annual operating budget including Department procurements,
• Supervise and evaluate the performance of a Union Labor Unit (16 employees),
• Review and process data, monitor results, develop operating strategies and procedures, troubleshoot problems, and identify corrective actions,
• Provide input to BASA’s Directors for the O&M budget process, recommend and plan capital projects, control and authorize expenditures in accordance with established budgetary limitations and purchasing laws,
• Maintain current knowledge of plant instrumentation and SCADA control systems,
• Maintain process control and operational guidelines for an activated sludge WWTP,
• Oversee Laboratory operations.
• Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Science, Wastewater Technology, Civil or Environmental Engineering, or related field AND
• Five years of progressively responsible experience in supervising and/or managing the operation of a WWTP; OR
• Equivalent combination of education, training and experience,
• DEP A-1,2,4; Wastewater Systems Certification required
Salary dependent upon experience, competitive benefits package, Equal Opportunity Employer, resumes accepted until job is filled.
Send resume and cover letter to Duane E. McKee, Executive Director; 100 Litman Road, Butler, PA 16001
Butler Area Sewer Authority (BASA)
Duane E. McKee, Executive Director
100 Litman Road
Butler, PA 16001-3256