|Details:||SUMMARY: Perform engineering activities for water and wastewater facility analysis, capital project planning and construction, permitting, and regulatory compliance.|
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Plan, design, and oversee the construction of various capital projects.
2. Complete engineering analyses of existing and potential facilities.
3. Manage consultants, suppliers, and contractors engaged in Company projects.
4. Manage project schedules and budgets.
5. Prepare reports, permit applications, and similar documents. Coordinate with various regulatory agencies.
6. Participate in inspections of Company facilities.
7. Remain current of engineering and construction-related regulations and technologies pertaining to the operations of the Company.
8. Attend meetings with, and make presentations to, public officials, regulatory agency staff, customers, Company staff, etc.
9. Promote the Company's image within reasonably available time and join and participate in community-oriented organizations and water industry organizations.
10. Consistently demonstrate positive and professional behavior to all individuals contacted on behalf of the Company.
11. Be available for emergency duty as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
A B.S. in Civil Engineering or related Engineering discipline from an accredited educational institution, and a minimum of four years of experience in water / wastewater engineering, is required.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.) in its most difficult phases.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Engineer-in-Training certification is required. A Pennsylvania Professional Engineering License is desirable. The ability to obtain a PA PE License within two years of hiring is required.
Must possess a valid PA driver's license.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Proficiency with AutoCAD software, Microsoft Office products, GIS software, GPS hardware / software, and various Engineering software packages (including WaterCAD and SewerCAD) is desirable.
|Employer:||The York Water Company|
130 E Market Street
|Website:||visit our website...|