Job Opportunities Title:
Crime Intelligence Analyst, Austin Regional Intelligence Center
The Crime Intelligence Analyst is expected to support the Austin Regional Intelligence Center’s (ARIC) partner agencies by performing, but not limited to the following:
• Produce analytical support and situational awareness report;
• Conduct special event threat assessments;
• Apply analytical techniques, including open-source intelligence, to determine potential risks to law enforcement, public health and critical infrastructure and key resources;
• Assist in dissemination of intelligence information to state, local and federal partners;
• Collect and analyze criminal intelligence information;
• Collect and share cyber-related information to partners;
• Deliver presentations to ARIC’s partner agencies, senior leadership and decision makers; AND
• Collaborate on a daily basis with partner agencies.
Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Criminal Justice, Social Science, or in a field of study with an emphasis on research or analysis, plus two (2) years’ experience in research, crime analysis, intelligence analysis, and/or interpretation of law enforcement data.
Experience may substitute for education up to a maximum of four (4) years.
Certification by the International Association of Crime Analysts or the International Association of Law Enforcement Intelligence Analysts may substitute for one (1) year of experience.
Master’s Degree in the fields of study listed above may be substituted for two (2) years of experience.
Licenses or Certifications:
A complete and detailed City of Austin application is required to help us better evaluate your qualifications. Please be thorough in completing the application and list all experience and education that is relevant to this position.
A resume and cover letter are required, but will not be accepted in lieu of a complete online employment application.
The top candidate(s) will be required to take an assessment to evaluate their skills for this position.
$21.48 - $27.33 an hour