NamUs Analyst (Case Analysis)
|Title:||NamUs Analyst (Case Analysis)|
|Location:||Fort Worth, TX|
|Details:||The Center for Human Identification Department at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire a NamUs Analyst (Case Analysis) to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to: |
* Respond to requests for information from assigned NamUs Regional Program Specialists and other NamUs stakeholders by providing analytical reports and other analytical work products.
* Requests typically consist of, but are not limited to, searches for indication of life for long-term missing persons, searches for next of kin information for missing persons, searches for potentially -matching missing/unidentified person cases, and regional case statistics.
* Compile, maintain, and report monthly statistics and success stories related to analytical services provided, for inclusion in monthly and bi-annual NamUs program updates and other communications activities.
* Assist with data cross-reference projects and input of missing person cases in NamUs to increase the number of cases entered in the NamUs MP database.
* Compile data requested through Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests at the direction of the Director of NamUs Forensic and Analytical Services.
* Participate in the creation of training curriculum and enhancements of NamUs analytical services, as assigned.
* Present NamUs analytical services to internal and external stakeholders.
|Qualifications:||Required Qualifications: |
* Bachelor's degree and three (3) years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* BA/BS degree in Criminal Justice, Forensic Science, Information Technology, Intelligence Analysis, or a related field.
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access, to include creating custom tables and queries in Access, and a working knowledge of records databases such as Accurint for Government Plus, CLEAR, and Lexis-Nexis.
* Applicants with former experience as a Crime Analyst, Intelligence Analyst, or other position within a criminal justice agency that provided the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
|Comments:||* Applicants must submit a resume with their online application. Applicants for this position are also required to submit a writing sample in the form of a report, crime bulletin or newsletter, academic paper, etc. |
* The selected applicant will be required to obtain an Office of Justice Programs (OJP) Public Trust security clearance upon hire due to the criminal justice sensitive data contained in NamUs. A Public Trust security clearance includes, but is not limited to, an FBI National Criminal History Fingerprint Check, a National Credit Bureau Search, citizenship verification, and residence verification for the previous 5-7 years.
|Employer:||University of North Texas Health Science Center|
|Website:||visit our website...|