Job Board Title:
Environmental Compliance Inspector
Capital Region Water (CRW) is looking for a dedicated and driven self-starter to fill the role of the Environmental Compliance Inspector. As a new position to CRW, this position performs a variety of technical work in support of Capital Region Waterâ€™s (CRW) industrial waste and pretreatment inspection programs including the inspection and monitoring of commercial food service and motor vehicle service establishments for compliance with state environmental regulations and local regulations regarding discharge of grease, oil, and related materials into the CRWâ€™s wastewater collection system; investigates and enforces compliance with storm water pollution NPDES permit regulations; and maintains a variety of records, files, and related documents.
Qualified applicants will possess the following:
Knowledge and Experience in the following:
- Wastewater treatment processes and technology
- Industrial pretreatment processes
- Sanitary sewer conveyance systems operations
- Methods and techniques of inspection
- Mechanical function of grease removal equipment
- NPDES/MS4 standard regulations
- Recognize potential violations of pretreatment/stormwater/oil & grease ordinances and discharge standards
- Basic Laboratory procedures and sampling practices
- Operating laboratory, field sampling, and flow monitoring equipment
- Reading, understanding and interpreting engineering drawings, plans and maps
- Maintain accurate records and prepare reports of inspection activities
- Office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers
- Work independently and efficiently to carry out assignments
- Deal effectively with the public and represent CRW in a positive and professional manner
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Safety rules and regulations; OSHA rules and regulations
- Graduation from high school or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma, and five (5) years of experience in water/wastewater utilities operations and maintenance, inspection, or code enforcement; or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering Technology, Biology, Chemistry, Physical & Environmental Science, or related degree.
- PA Wastewater Operator Certification is desirable.
CRW is committed to providing employees with ample opportunities to contribute, to lead, and be recognized as innovators, to look beyond barriers to provide solutions, to be challenged in what they do and enjoy doing it.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with the candidate's qualifications and experience. CRW provides an excellent benefits package for its employees.
If you believe you have the experience and drive to succeed in this position, please visit www.capitalregionwater.com to submit your application, cover letter with salary requirement, and resume.
CRW is an Equal Opportunity Employer equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor.
Visit www.capitalregionwater.com for more information about CRW.
Capital Region Water
Renee Kolacek, HR Manager
212 Locust Street, Suite 500
Harrisburg, PA 17101