Employment Opportunities Title:
Water Distribution Team Lead
Perform a variety of skilled duties in the installation, operation and maintenance of waterworks distribution system to ensure adequate water supply for human consumption and irrigation. May be asked to function as the Distribution ORC for the District depending on experience and certifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Participate in the daily tasks in field operations as a lead, supervisor or crew member.
• Assist in monitoring field operation budgets.
• Perform routine maintenance and repair work including a variety of general clean-up work.
• Repair and/or install water meters and service distribution lines, valves, pumps and fire hydrants.
• May be required to operate machinery including backhoe, pipeline locators, valve turner, and pumps.
• Clean and maintain pumping station equipment.
• Provide customer service while responding to on-site requests from public. Post general notices and non-payment notices on properties within the District; turn water services off and on as required.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, supervisor(s) and the public.
• Perform infrastructure locates.
• Inspect new residential and commercial construction.
• Proficient in Microsoft office software and basic computer skills as required.
• Other duties may be assigned.
Hiring range for this full-time, hourly, non-exempt position is $22-27/hour depending on qualifications. A full benefits package includes medical, dental and vision, paid vacation and sick time.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
• Colorado Water Distribution Operator Class 2 or higher required.
• Valid Colorado Driver’s license required.
• Experience with water line repair and water distribution systems required.
• Experience locating infrastructure using UNCC 811 locate system desirable.
• Associate degree in water quality science or related field highly desirable.
To perform the job successfully, an individual will be expected to demonstrate the following competencies during his/her employment:
• Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
• Strive to continuously build knowledge and skills, and share expertise with others.
• Respond promptly to customer needs.
• Meet commitments.
• Balance team and individual responsibilities.
• Work ethically and with integrity.
• Follow policies and procedures.
• Complete administrative tasks correctly and on time.
• Exhibit sound and accurate judgment.
• Accept responsibility for own actions.
• Observe safety and security procedures, report potentially unsafe conditions, and use equipment and materials properly.
• Consistently arrive at work on time.
• Ask for and offer help when needed.
Todd Creek Village Metropolitan District
10450 E. 159th Court