Employment Opportunities Title:
Forsgren Associates Managing Engineer - Colorado Springs Office
Title: Managing Engineer
Forsgren Job ID: DEN-PE15-061919
Location(s): Colorado Springs, CO
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Position Overview: Building on our 57-year legacy and established presence throughout the western US, Forsgren Associates is experiencing steady growth. We are seeking a talented and motivated individual with an entrepreneurial spirit to lead and continue to grow our Colorado Springs office. This opportunity is perfect for a career-minded person who has an enthusiastic and energetic attitude toward solving engineering problems; seeks meaningful ownership in reward for their success; and takes pride in their ability to provide exemplary service to clients.
The ideal candidate will lead a team of professionals who plan, design project concepts, and permit for a variety of initiatives for municipalities, special districts, utilities, and private companies primarily in Colorado and extending throughout the United States.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
• Take the lead for refinement and implementation of the firm’s strategy, business growth plan, and day-to-day operations of our Colorado Springs office to achieve overall corporate objectives and ensure profitability
• Support our regional business development program including identifying and proactively pursuing new business opportunities through networking, proposal preparation, and client presentations
• Strengthen existing client relationships with technical and business solutions that integrate innovative approaches, value, and risk management
• Lead a team of engineers and designers through the entire lifecycle of a project including development of design documents, engineering plans, specifications, and permitting
• Coach less experienced staff in understanding client needs, technical aspects of project delivery, technical writing and other forms of project-related communication
• Other duties as assigned
• B.S. in Civil Engineering (or related field)
• Professional Engineer (PE) registration in Colorado (or have the ability to obtain such a license within three months)
• 12 years of civil engineering experience
• Proficient in project administration
• Knowledge of industry accounting systems
• Ability to attract and retain top talent
• Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to write and review contracts
• Ability to successfully supervise the management of multiple, long-term client relationships
• A successful track record of business development, marketing, and best business practices
• Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire others
Forsgren Associates offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, as well as the additional benefits of being an employee-owned company and sharing in the company’s success. We respect the personal needs of our employees, and actively promote a healthy work / life balance. Empowering our team members to succeed, we reward them for their success.
Forsgren Associates is an employee-owned, multi-discipline civil engineering and environmental consulting firm that provides planning, permitting, design, and construction management services for infrastructure improvement projects. Since 1962, we have been promoting responsible development by protecting and enhancing civil infrastructure... cost-effectively, promptly, and sustainably. As a result, over the past 57 years we have grown steadily to over 100 employees in 14 offices across 10 states. As we serve our growing list of clients throughout the western U.S., we continue to grow as a company. Join us. We are committed to engineering stronger communities. www.Forsgren.com
Please submit a letter of introduction and resume to Succeed@Forsgren.com by July 15, 2019. Please reference the Job Title and Forsgren Job ID in the subject line.
Forsgren Associates will not accept unsolicited resumes from third party agencies or recruiters. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to hiring managers.
We thank all applicants; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is subject to close at any time. Forsgren Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
File attached to this ad