- Job Name
- Research Analyst II
- Posting Date
- Brief Description
- Temple University's Office of Institutional Research and Assessment announces a search for a Research Analyst II to work with the Data Analysis and Reporting group. This position will provide research and data analysis in support of the university’s strategic planning and decision-making activities.
- Job Category
- Institutional Research
- Job Type
- Education Level Required
- Location City
- Philadelphia, PA 19122, United states
- How to Apply
- Apply on-line at https://temple.taleo.net/careersection/tu_ex_staff/jobdetail.ftl?job=19000730&tz=GMT-05%3A00&tzname=
- Direct Link
- Click here for more info
- Job Details
This position will provide research and data analysis in support of the university’s strategic planning and decision-making activities. The incumbent’s responsibilities, under the general supervision of the Director of Data Analysis and Reporting, will include the development and support of quantitative and qualitative research projects, forecasting studies of various student information and the collection, compilation, validation and analysis of both student and university wide data in preparation for the reporting of official university information to both internal and external audiences. The successful candidate will be expected to develop and maintain complex data sets; apply various modeling and statistical techniques; interpret findings, organize and present results and conclusions effectively including developing dashboards and reports; and demonstrate proficiency in data verification and identification of data anomalies within datasets and information. This position will work collaboratively with various university offices to ensure data integrity, by conducting data audits and by reviewing potential business processes that affect the accuracy of the data. This team monitors national research, trends, and developments in higher education in order to anticipate potential effects on or opportunities for the university. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in social science, statistics, educational research, or related field.
At least two years direct experience in institutional research, or related field. Demonstrated experience with statistical software packages such as SPSS, JMP, SAS or R. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Required Skills & Abilities:
* Strong statistical and analytical skill set.
* Working knowledge and experience with relational databases and their associated data query tools – SQL preferred.
* Ability to apply gained knowledge to analyze and interpret university policies.
* Excellent organizational, oral and written communications skills, as well as attention to detail.
* Ability to work independently, as well as on a team, in a fast-paced environment.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, in particular, Excel, Word, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint.
* Proficiency in the operation and use of report writing technologies.
* Strong data management skills, including the ability to manage large data sets.
* Ability to clearly document analytical findings and finalize results.
* Master's degree in social sciences, statistics, educational research, or related field.
* Experience working with Banner (or other student information / ERP systems).
* Experience working with information Dashboarding technologies.
* Experience with IPEDS reporting.
* Experience with Enrollment Management reporting and analysis.
Temple University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity for all persons regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by law.