- Job Name
- Director, Institutional Research
- Posting Date
- Brief Description
- The University of Rhode Island, the State’s public flagship research institution, seeks a leader for its Office of Institutional Research. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic, engaged, and collaborative leader who will lead efforts in institutional research, assessment, and accreditation and help advance the University’s efforts in student success. The Director will play a key role in ensuring the infrastructure, processes, and systems that generate data for strategic and informed decision-making across the entire institution. Responsible for directing and managing data collection, data analysis, and all institutional research activities, the Director will develop data analytics and visualization platforms to enhance student success and the institution’s effectiveness and reputation.
- Job Category
- Institutional Research
- Job Type
- Education Level Required
- Location City
- Kingston, RI 02881, United states
- How to Apply
- Job applications must be submitted directly online only at: https://jobs.uri.edu
- Direct Link
- Click here for more info
- Job Details
Joining the administrative staff in the Office of the Provost, reporting to the Special Assistant for Academic Planning, and working closely with the Vice Provost for Enrollment Management, the ideal candidate will be highly collaborative both within the division of Academic Affairs and other areas of the University that rely on accurate and timely reports to support operational, tactical and strategic efforts within other divisions. The successful candidate will also play a key role in guiding the continued development of both an internal student data warehouse as well as the statewide student data repository projects currently underway. Strategic thinking, leading collaboratively, and a cross-institutional perspective will all contribute to success with these initiatives.
The Director oversees the staff and resources of the Office of Institutional Research and is responsible for ensuring the University complies with various federal, state and accreditation reporting. Leveraging institutional data in the University’s PeopleSoft system and other data systems, the Director provides critical and trusted decision support to a broad range of administrative planning and decision-making efforts.
Provide leadership and administrative oversight for all institutional research activities, which provide information and data to support institutional planning, policy formulation, and decision making. Direct and manage data collection, data analysis, and all institutional research activities. Develop data analytics and visualization platforms to enhance student success and the institution’s effectiveness and reputation. Manage the submission of required state and federal reports regarding University activities as well as University responses to data surveys and data for accreditations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Effectively prioritize, direct, and coordinate the activities and functions of the institutional research office and staff to serve institutional planning, metrics and outcomes reporting for the strategic plan, and accurate institutional data for all internal and external uses.
Manage data bases to ensure retrieval of clean and accurate data.
Ensure that all state, federal, and external reporting requirements are met and coordinate work with staff and others as appropriate to accomplish this.
Compile, analyze, and disseminate quantitative and qualitative data related to institutional data, peer benchmark data studies, students, enrollment, academics, finances, and other areas of importance to the institution.
Respond to national surveys and accreditations with accurate institutional data and in a timely manner.
Implement appropriate data analytics and visualizations to support the work of all units in areas of student success and institutional and college planning and effectiveness.
Provide expertise in data collection and analysis on behalf of the institution.
Provide policy analysis and clear and concise reports based on research and data and potential implications.
Remain competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses and/or conferences.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform other duties as assigned.
LICENSES, TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
Familiarity and professional experience in using personal computers and printers; word processing, database management and spreadsheet software.
1. Master’s degree.
2. Minimum five years of experience in higher education data management, data analytics, institutional research, and/or comparable knowledge.
3. Demonstrated experience in implementing data analytics and visualization.
4. Demonstrated expertise with preparing spreadsheets (i.e., link the spreadsheet directly to a database, use formulas to recode data and inset a pivot table to summarize the data), and working with databases using a variety of technology applications, programs, and software.
5. Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to use research and data tools (such as SAS or SPSS as a research tool, Tableau, and PowerBI).
6. Demonstrated strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
7. Demonstrated proficiency in written communication skills (including ability to write concise analytical reports).
8. Demonstrated ability in making presentations relative to institutional data.
9. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups/populations.
2. Minimum of two years at director level or relevant supervisory role in higher education Institutional Research Office or institutional data management.
ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES.