- Job Name
- Data Analyst for Assessment and Planning
- Posting Date
- Brief Description
- The Data Analyst assists the AVP for Assessment and Planning and the Director of Institutional Research in the compilation, cleaning, analysis, and reporting of data. The Data Analyst manages survey software and assists the WSU community with internal survey requests. The incumbent will have excellent technology skills including the ability to learn new programs quickly, as well as knowledge of basic research methods and statistics.
- Job Category
- Institutional Research
- Job Type
- Education Level Required
- Location City
- Worcester, MA 01602, United states
- How to Apply
- All applicants must apply online at worcester.interviewexchange.com
Expected documents for submission include a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information. Applicants must complete the National Student Clearinghouse Authorization form or submit the official transcript of highest degree.
All information that can be uploaded to one's e-account should be done so by the applicant; information which cannot may be faxed to 508-929-8169 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or may be sent to the following address:
Director of Human Resources
Worcester State University
486 Chandler Street
Worcester, MA 01602-2597
- Direct Link
- Click here for more info
- Job Details
OFFICIAL TITLE: Staff Assistant, Data Analyst for Assessment and Planning
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Assistant Vice President for Assessment and Planning
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: May supervise student or other subordinate staff, as assigned
General Statement of Duties: The Data Analyst assists the AVP for Assessment and Planning and the Director of Institutional Research in the compilation, cleaning, analysis, and reporting of data. The Data Analyst manages survey software and assists the WSU community with internal survey requests. The incumbent will have excellent technology skills including the ability to learn new programs quickly, as well as knowledge of basic research methods and statistics.
(E) = Essential
1. (E) Compiles and merges data from multiple sources and systems.
2. (E) Prepares submissions for federal and state departments of education.
3. (E) Prepares data for Common Data Set and external surveys (US News, etc).
4. (E) Queries and reports data for internal data requests including program reviews.
5. (E) Assists in internal survey creation and administration.
6. (E) Assists in the annual publication of the WSU Factbook.
7. (E) Demonstrates civility and professional, customer-service oriented behavior, worthy of emulation by other staff and students.
8. (E) Responsible for contributing to the WSU Strategic Plan.
9. (E) Responsible for contributing to Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action objectives.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's degree
2. Knowledge of basic research methods and descriptive/inferential statistics
3. Experience managing, manipulating, and maintaining data sets
4. Advanced skills in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
5. Ability to learn new software quickly
6. Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time, triage requests, and meet deadlines
7. Ability to develop written reports, analyses, and visual presentations that are appropriate for the intended audience
8. Accuracy and attention to detail
1. Experience with data querying software, BI objects, and/or SQL
2. Experience with Student Information Systems
3. Experience working with sensitive information
4. Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
Worcester State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer which seeks to reflect the diversity of its community.
The firm annual salary for this APA position is: $40,000-$50,000