Assistant Director of Assessment
- Job Name
- Assistant Director of Assessment
- Posting Date
- Brief Description
- This position plans, organizes, and coordinates academic assessment processes and the administrative unit’s activities, which includes but is not limited to course level assessment, general education assessment, program review and administrative planning documents. This position also provides assistance with the coordination of assessment documents for accreditation purposes and helps ensure the College meets necessary accreditation guidelines.
- Job Category
- Job Type
- Education Level Required
- Location City
- Toms River, NJ , United states
- How to Apply
- Visit: https://career.ocean.edu/postings/7538
- Direct Link
- Click here for more info
- Job Details
List of Essential Activities
1. Plans, organizes, and coordinates academic assessment processes and the administrative unit’s activities, which includes but is not limited to course level assessment, general education assessment, program review and administrative planning documents
2. Contributes to the continuous improvement of academic and administrative assessment through consultation and training of faculty and staff.
3. Compiles necessary assessment reports and facilitates the use of assessment findings in the review of programs, courses, and administrative units.
4. Serves as a campus resource on current and emerging assessment practices and curriculum and assessment program development.
5. Manages the collection and dissemination of planning and budgeting documents.
6. Develops and maintains an assessment website
7. Collaborates with Institutional Research in the analysis of data to support assessment, program evaluation, and improvements.
8. Establishes and maintains a close working relationship with academic affairs; provides assessment updates at designated meetings.
9. Assists in the coordination of assessment documents for accreditation purposes; helps ensure the College meets necessary accreditation guidelines.
10. Related duties, initiative and projects as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Education or closely related field
2. At least four years of progressively responsible experience in higher education that included exposure to academic/administrative assessment and required a demonstrated knowledge of principles and practices of assessment and evaluation processes.
3. Strong communication, organizational and time-management skills and proven abilities to establish and maintain collaborative relationships that are successful.
4. Three years of leadership experience with accountability for individual and/or functional results and required the ability to contribute to the development and/or implementation of strategic plans or processes as well as the ability to deliver training on systems and procedures.
5. Three years of recent experience with Microsoft Office Suite, relational databases, college data systems, data sources and online sites; ability to independently create detailed reports, documents, communications and analyze statistical data.
1. Master’s Degree in Education or closely related field
2. Direct experience with an accreditation self-study review
$48,000 - $64,000 annually, depending on experience