- Job Name
- Enterprise Data Warehouse Engineer
- Posting Date
- Brief Description
- The Enterprise Data Warehouse Engineer gathers college strategic data objectives and daily operational data needs and translates the needs into technical architecture and data architecture for the college’s enterprise data environment. This position will perform the implementation of the data pipeline, which includes ingestion into the data lake.
- Job Category
- Job Type
- Education Level Required
- Location City
- Ithaca, NY 14850, United states
- How to Apply
- Interested applicants must apply online at http://ithaca.edu/jobs/ and attach a resume, cover letter and list of three professional references. Questions about online application should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (607) 274-8000. Screening of applications will begin immediately.
- Direct Link
- Click here for more info
- Job Details
1. With input from campus stakeholders define and design technical requirements and data architectures for the College’s data environment.
2. Work with stakeholders to pull in disparate data sources into a data lake. Identify and adjust to standards based on how the data can be accessed and ingested. Surface this layer to data scientists for data exploration.
3. After data is determined useful, promote the data to more structured relational data by participating in the transformation to data warehouse processes.
4. Participate in data warehouse development by defining metadata and security standards.
5. Define, design and direct the data pipeline from collection and ingestion, to data storage and management through data transformation.
6. Define the overall data warehouse architecture (e.g., ETL process, ODS, EDW, Data Marts).
7. Design and direct information access and delivery efforts for the data warehouse from the data lake.
8. Define physical architecture, server and storage, to support technical and systems development lifecycle requirements.
9. Participate in campus data governance and help inform the student engagement process.
10. Develop and demonstrate a multicultural awareness and contribute to cultivating an inclusive, diverse and respectful College community. Demonstrate civil and inclusive behavior when interacting with staff, faculty, students and visitors to the College. Promote a flexible, collaborative and inclusive work and living environment and engage in educational opportunities to increase awareness and understanding of diversity and inclusion.
Position / Job Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical field and a minimum of 3 years’ experience or the equivalent education, technical certifications and experience; demonstrated technical expertise in data ingestion, warehousing, modeling, and processing; hands on experience with common programming languages such as Java, Scala, Python, or Ruby required. Experience with various open source and propriety data ingestion tools such as kafka, fluentd, or logstash; experience working with various data warehousing tools such as Amazon Redshift, Azure data warehouse, or NoSQL; experience working with processing tools such as Hive, ELK stack, etc. preferred.