Institutional Research and Assessment Data Systems Analyst
- Job Name
- Institutional Research and Assessment Data Systems Analyst
- Posting Date
- Brief Description
- The Office of Institutional Effectiveness supports Manhattan College’s efforts to use information for effective decision-making and planning, to fulfill its Catholic Lasallian mission. The mission of the Office of Institutional Effectiveness is to deliver accurate, timely, insightful information and analysis to Manhattan College faculty, staff, and administrators and to provide support for strategic planning, assessment, accreditation, and compliance with required university reporting. Our office seeks to develop a culture of “evidence based decision-making;” grow the capacity of the office to perform new assessments and aid in strategic planning efforts; increase campus awareness of the services and functions of the office.
The Office of Institutional Effectiveness supports collection of direct and indirect measures of learning and other data elements assessing the student experience and institutional effectiveness. The office leads compliance efforts, regional and specialized accreditation, and internal external program review of academic departments, administrative units and college-wide core competencies.
- Job Category
- Job Type
- Education Level Required
- Location City
- Bronx, NY 10471, United states
- How to Apply
- Please access the link below:
- Direct Link
- Click here for more info
- Job Details
- Principles, practices, procedures and techniques involved in the collection, storage, analysis and reporting of statistical data;
- Programming, database and reporting languages and scripting for automating reports;
- Data collection information systems, statistical and reporting software;
- Banner and data block development, Argos and critical report writing;
- Methods and tools for web based presentations of IR and assessment data and information for internal and public consumption, including but not limited to data visualization tools; and
- Electronic Assessment Management Systems; Watermark experience preferred.
- Perform a variety of specialized technical activities involved in data collection, storage, documentation, extraction, reporting, research and analysis related to institutional research, assessment, planning, accreditation, and effectiveness.
- Interact with IR and ITS offices to promote collaboration and efficiency.
- Develop, support, and execute query processes using business analytics reporting tools, including SQL
- Provide technical support to OIE, including but not limited to troubleshooting
Bachelor's Degree in computer sciences, business, data management, or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Experience with Banner and Argos preferred
- High level of proficiency with SQL, Excel, Tableau or other data visualization tools
- Experience designing, implementing, and analyzing business processes
- Experience with quality management systems and performance metrics
- Demonstrated success working with individuals and groups representing a wide range of diverse cultural, geographic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Establish and maintain effective and positive working relationships with internal and external constituents
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal, organizational, written, and oral communication skills including excellent listening, written and verbal abilities
- Successfully collaborate with colleagues, faculty, staff, students, departments, agencies, and community
- Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to the Manhattan College mission, vision, and values
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to spend large amounts of time walking/standing while working on equipment or traveling throughout campus carrying all needed standard tools.