- Job Name
- Senior Research and Assessment Analyst
- Posting Date
- Brief Description
- The Office of Institutional Research, Planning, and Assessment (IRPA) at the University of Maryland is seeking a Senior Research & Assessment Analyst. As a member of the assessment team, this position responds to institutional needs for assessment and program evaluation. The position will work with others on the assessment team, in IRPA, and in other offices to meet campus needs including institutional effectiveness and accountability, learning outcomes assessment, and research on the efficacy of special programs.
- Job Category
- Institutional Research
- Job Type
- Education Level Required
- Location City
- College Park, MD 20742, United states
- How to Apply
- Applications must include the following in a PDF format:
• Letter of interest
• Resume with current mailing address
Submit application materials to:
Michelle Appel, Search Chair
Via upload at www.ejobs.umd.edu
Staff position #118919
For best consideration, please submit application materials by July 26, 2019. Position will remain open until filled.
- Direct Link
- Click here for more info
- Job Details
· Master's degree in higher education, social sciences, applied statistics, or related field.
· At least three years full-time (or equivalent part-time) experience in educational assessment, institutional research, educational research, program evaluation, applied statistics, social sciences or related field required, preferably in an educational setting.
· Demonstrated expertise in assessment, including assessment design, analysis, and reporting.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills and an ability to work in team and group environments are essential. Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work closely and successfully with individuals from a variety of professional and educational backgrounds.
· Proficient across several areas of basic statistical methodologies, including multiple techniques among: GLM/regression, descriptive statistics, statistical tests, analysis of variance. Experience using statistical software packages and languages.
· Ability to transform and connect isolated data files and databases for analysis and reporting.
· US Citizenship or Permanent Residency.
The following are preferred:
· Knowledge and experience with one of the following statistical software packages and languages: SPSS, SAS, R, and/or other statistical package.
· Knowledge and experience working with one of the following data extraction tools: SAS Enterprise Guide, Tableau Prep, and/or SQL.
· Knowledge and experience working with one of the following data visualization tools to develop analytic and interactive dashboards: SAS Visual Analytics, SAS Visual Statistics, Tableau.
· Knowledge and experience designing surveys. Ability to communicate measurement concepts effectively to general audiences and design and implement principals of measurement (e.g., reliability, principal components analysis, missing data imputation) as appropriate to understand and analyze survey results.
· Proficient across multiple areas of advanced statistical methodologies, including: principal components analysis, factor analysis, clustering, non-parametric statistics, reliability analysis.
· Demonstrated ability leading a project team, fostering cooperation, communication, and consensus within the team.
· Experience providing guidance and oversight to junior analysts on technical aspects of their work outside of formal project assignments.
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications; range starts at $73K. Excellent leave, medical coverage, retirement, and tuition-remission benefits. The position is available immediately.