Senior Data Analyst
- Job Name
- Senior Data Analyst
- Posting Date
- Brief Description
- Supports the data and analytic needs of the university, particularly
executives and senior administrators, through the management,
analysis, and communication of information in meaningful ways that
promote data-informed decision making, planning, and resource
Supports the university-wide analytical function of the institutional
research office, including predictive and other advanced analytics,
enrollment projections, and decision support studies.
- Job Category
- Institutional Research
- Job Type
- Education Level Required
- Location City
- Rochester, NY 14623, United states
- How to Apply
- In order to be considered for this position, you must apply for it at: http://careers.rit.edu/staff. Click the link for search openings and in the keyword search field, enter the title of the position (Senior Data Analyst) or the BR number (5390BR).
Required Application Documents: Cover Letter, Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Direct Link
- Click here for more info
- Job Details
- Extract, transform, analyze, and summarize data using various tools including SAS, R, SQL and Tableau.
- Design and develop Tableau dashboards that effectively summarize information and communicate trends or patterns.
- Build and administer online surveys using Qualtrics.
- Provide support in identification, integration and preparation of large volumes of data.
- Understand functional areas' business requirements and translate into technical specifications and user friendly reports and dashboards.
- Analyze complex data structures, synthesize the findings, and present to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Prepare high quality documentation that follows the office's standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of professional data analytics experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with SAS, R or equivalent software
- Hands-on experience building dashboards with Tableau or equivalent BI tools.
- Demonstrated experience in querying, cleaning and transforming large data sets.
- General understanding of fundamentals of statistics and quantitative analytics.
- Detail oriented, with ability to manage time and organize competing priorities.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills to manage complex information, assess problems, and develop and effective solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey analytical information in a clear, concise manner.
- Experience with building and administering surveys using Qualtrics or equivalent survey tool.
- Familiarity with the basics of database management, business intelligence and data warehousing principles.
- Experience in higher education.