- Job Name
- Senior Institutional Research Analyst
- Posting Date
- Brief Description
- The Senior Institutional Research Analyst is responsible for the analysis of institutional data to support a culture of data-informed decision-making on campus. This work will include managing the lifecycle of university surveys and the regular and on-going analysis of university survey data, student success metrics, enrollment management trends, academic data, and KPIs.
- Job Category
- Institutional Research
- Job Type
- Education Level Required
- Location City
- Boston, MA 02115, United states
- How to Apply
Please attach a cover letter and a resume. No phone calls, please. Principals only. Finalist candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment.
- Direct Link
- Click here for more info
- Job Details
- Manages the lifecycle of University surveys; designing and administering surveys, compiling results, and interpreting the data in written analysis.
- Provides support for survey design, implementation and interpretation as needed by academic programs and other University constituencies.
- Manages data sets, verifies data to ensure data integrity, and prepares reports and analyses in support of other key institutional activities and strategic plan goals
- Completes reports and surveys to fulfill federal, state, and local reporting requirements.
- Analyzes and documents information needs, recommends reporting solutions, develops data models, and builds dashboards and reports to support effective data distribution and executive decision making at the University.
- Creates predictive models, data analyses, and reports to support University strategic plans
- Extracts and manipulates complex data sets, performs statistical analysis of data, and interprets/organizes results into meaningful reports that can be acted upon for internal and external constituencies
- Composes, reviews and finalizes original comprehensive and complex documents, reports and visualizations utilizing tools such as Excel, SPSS and Tableau
- Serves as a subject-matter expert by providing professional level staff support, consultation and assistance to committees, departments and employees which may include performing research, making presentations, and providing consultation
- Master's degree in a research-related field such as statistics, mathematics, social science, behavioral science, information science required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in research methodology, statistical analysis, trending, interpretation of data and findings, and familiarity with data collection and preparation
- Minimum of 1 year of survey design and administration experience in a higher education environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to interact with individuals at all levels, and to work as a team
- Experience with data visualization tools (Tableau preferred)
- Experience with large databases and quantitative analytical tools, such as SPSS or SAS
- Experience in survey design, development, implementation and reporting
- Strong MS Office Skills, in particular with Excel
- Strong self-initiative and service orientation; must work well independently and as part of a team
MCPHS offers meaningful work that benefits society overall, provides competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits that include a substantial contribution toward the cost of medical & dental insurance, generous time off benefits, a significant pension plan contribution, and fosters a sense of connectedness and collaboration among our employees. Come join us and be a part of a diverse community that is at the forefront of advancing the healthcare landscape! To learn more about working at MCPHS University, please visit Careers at MCPHS and MCPHS Total Rewards.
MCPHS University, an innovator in health and professional education, is setting the pace in the health science fields. MCPHS has more than 7000 students across campuses in Boston’s Longwood Medical Area, downtown Worcester, MA and downtown Manchester, NH. Here, we are preparing future generations of global leaders and promoting systems to improve the health of the public. In the midst of implementing an ambitious strategic plan that will bring us to our 200th anniversary in 2023, MCPHS offers meaningful work that benefits society overall, provides competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, and fosters a sense of connectedness and collaboration among our employees. We are a fast-moving, data-driven educational institution with a strong entrepreneurial mindset.
MCPHS University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.