Director of Institutional Research
Boston Architectural College
Boston Architectural College
- Job Name
- Director of Institutional Research
- Posting Date
- Brief Description
- Guided by its mission to provide inclusive access to excellence in design education, the Boston Architectural College—a 133-year-old top-ranking independent private institution—has embarked on an innovative and exciting “BAC to the Future” vision and strategic plan under the leadership of President Mahesh Daas.
Reporting to the President, the BAC seeks a mission-driven and collaborative Director of Institutional Research (Director) as the senior administrator responsible for supporting the effective use and analysis of internal and external data at the Boston Architectural College (BAC) in support of the college’s BAC to the Future strategic plan, operational and research goals, and regulatory reporting requirements. The Director acts as the chief data and analytics strategist for the college and oversees the governance and policy infrastructure necessary to facilitate the use of research and data for strategic, operational and decision support. The Director works with the BAC’s leadership and management to lead the design and development of effective data analysis models, including strategic goal measures, KPIs, and dashboards to support the achievement of the BAC’s strategic plan, enable data-informed decision making and support operational and research needs. The Director will promote a culture that relies upon data to assess the effectiveness of all programs, services, and processes as well as the college's overall progress in reaching its strategic goals. To that end, the Director should be adept at telling stories with data and using data for visualization. The Director works closely with university data stewards and with IT professionals responsible for the implementation and management of the technology infrastructure to build and sustain an enterprise research and data strategy that can help the BAC achieve its goals. The Director will be a key player in building on the BAC’s emerging research, data and analytics platform and sustaining a campus-wide data governance infrastructure that fosters a culture of trust and shared responsibility for the ethical use of research and data for institutional strategic purposes.
Qualified candidates will possess a comprehensive background in the areas of Institutional Research, Data Governance and Data Strategy with recent experience working at or near the executive level that drive institutional performance at or near the executive level. Other qualifications include:
• Five or more years of progressive leadership experience in leading successful cross-functional teams and enterprise-wide programs, operating and influencing effectively across the organization and within complex contexts.
• Higher education institutional research or data analytics management experience required.
• Knowledge of state and federal requirements for the gathering, reporting, and dissemination of data from higher education institutions.
Please forward a cover letter with salary expectations and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Job Category
- Job Type
- Education Level Required
- Location City
- Boston,MA, MA 02116, United states
- How to Apply
- Please forward a cover letter with salary expectations and CV to Nancy.Murphy@the-bac.edu
- Direct Link
- Click here for more info
- Job Details