Welcome to our Job Board!
For Job Seekers...
For job seekers, you must LOG-IN to get contact information on a given job. If you do not have a login, you will need to JOIN our organization.
For employers, please contact us if you would like to post a job listing.
Below are some of our more recent job listings:
CIDT Program Director
We are seeking a Program Director for our Cancer Information Data Trust (CIDT) product portfolio. The CIDT is a big data repository of structured, deidentified patient clinical information and diagnostic data collected from a variety of cancer centers. The purpose of the CIDT is to deliver insightful, longitudinal information about cancer modalities, treatments, and outcomes to clinicians, researchers and patients.
As the CIDT Program Director you will be passionate about designing and specifying all aspects of the CIDT – including overall systems design, from data collection, organization and management, through data analysis and visualization, to presentation of information through a variety of end-user focused portals and applications. You will be responsible for all activities necessary to deliver a robust, scalable big data systems design for CIDT that facilitates collection, organization, management and presentation of diversified patient data, multi-modal cancer data, including images, complex molecular data, and unstructured data.
You must be highly motivated, comfortable in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, with experience designing healthcare informatics solutions, big data solutions, and information portals, and demonstrated strong product leadership and team working skills.
• Align the CIDT business strategy and metrics with systems design and data flow, including leading the product and engineering teams from product conception through successful product delivery.
• Lead the design and specification of the overall CIDT systems design, including specification of use cases and requirements for each component of the overall solution.
• Collaborate with customers, product stakeholders and software engineering to design and refine the architecture and approach, capturing detailed use cases and product requirements.
• Work interactively with a broad range of talented colleagues including software engineers, data architects, informaticists, oncologists and pathologists to ensure complete and accurate understanding of the product.
• Be the resident expert in healthcare big data solution design and implementation.
• Collaborate with Marketing to create promotional materials, presentations and supporting technical materials.
• B.A./B.S. in a technical, scientific or quantitative field.
• Healthcare informatics solution development leveraging big data technology is an absolute must.
• Led EHR design and implementation projects and have strong familiarity with Epic, Cerner, Allscripts etc.
• Enterprise scale clinical systems architecture and design.
• Clinical data warehouse design and implementation.
• Master data management, data governance, HIPAA and PHI guidelines.
• Experience in data analytics, clinical decision support platforms and patient engagement solutions.
• Excellent project and product management skills.
• Demonstrated ability to influence, motivate and empathize with software engineering teams.
• Familiarity with Agile/ Scrum methodologies, Atlassian suite or similar solutions.
We offer an attractive and competitive compensation package including: salary commensurate to experience, performance incentive, and stock options. Employees enjoy 100% employer paid benefits for medical, dental, vision, life, and disability coverage; PTO, paid holidays, 401(k), and EAP program.
Biomedical Informaticist – CIDT
We are seeking a Biomedical Informaticist for our Cancer Information Data Trust (CIDT) product portfolio. The CIDT is a big data repository of structured, deidentified patient clinical information and diagnostic data collected from a variety of cancer centers. The purpose of the CIDT is to deliver insightful, longitudinal information about cancer modalities, treatments, and outcomes to clinicians, researchers and patients.
Drawing on your experience as a Biomedical Informaticist in a healthcare setting creating clinical data sets, you will be responsible for defining the clinical, pathology, radiology, oncology and other multi-modal data required to answer questions at the point of care or in downstream clinical or academic research. You will leverage a strong knowledge of biomedical informatics and deep expertise in oncology to assist in the design of the CIDT data model, data collection, standardization and presentation.
You must be comfortable digging into healthcare systems, health records, AP-LIS, image management systems and tools, and next generation sequencing data to ensure that the right data is captured, managed and delivered.
• Provide expertise to search and retrieve data from the typical variety of healthcare data sources to assemble a dataset for either point of care clinical decision support or downstream research.
• Support the development and expansion of the Company’s oncology and related data assets to promote research, clinical and consumer use.
• As the resident data expert you will identify the precise data to be collected and participate in the design of data collection processes, data quality programs and analytic tools to optimize creation and delivery of clinical oncology content.
• Lead efforts to update, standardize and centralize disease factors such as cancer subtype, stage, therapy, and diagnostic factors.
• Collaborate with customers, product stakeholders and engineering gathering and documenting data-related requirements for accessing, cleaning, categorizing, organizing and mining data.
• Contribute expertise in medical informatics and oncology to support the utilization of the CIDT in research and clinical settings.
• M.S. or Ph.D. in a technical, scientific or quantitative field.
• 5+ years’ experience in biomedical informatics, with deep domain expertise in oncology data and data systems.
• Experience with EHR, anatomic and molecular pathology data and systems.
• Familiarity with medical ontologies, lexicons and corresponding tools.
• Working experience in information shared services or equivalent in a cancer center or healthcare environment
Senior Biomedical Information Specialist (Oncologist/Pathologist)
Medical Science & Computing (MSC) seeks a Pathologist or Oncologist to lead, support, and serve as a full-time cancer expert for large scale biomedical research projects and standards efforts for the National Cancer Institute’s Cancer Informatics Branch.
You will be part of a cross-disciplinary team involving doctors, researchers, pharmacists, software developers and information systems teams.
Leverage your oncology expertise, analytical skills and interest in bioinformatics and clinical trials to help us build clinical and scientific content.
Work with teams to develop clinical and science applications, and set national and international standards for oncology knowledge and systems.
Medical Doctor Degree; Pathology or Oncology Specialist
Deep knowledge of cancer, disease classification, and the molecular characterization of cancers
Experience compatible with the position description
Exceptional oral and written English language skills
Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work and lead in a team environment
Computer proficiency with MS Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, Word, Outlook, Web conferencing tools
Desire and ability to learn and work with content editing software
Medical Science & Computing (MSC) is an exciting growth oriented company, dedicated to providing mission critical scientific and technical services to the Federal Government. We have a distinguished history of supporting the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other government agencies. MSC offers a dynamic and upbeat work environment, excellent benefits and career growth opportunities.
We attract the best people in the business with our competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k plan with employer contribution, paid holidays, vacation, Medical and Flexible Spending Accounts, Pre-Tax Transit Assistance and tuition reimbursement. If you enjoy being a part of a high performing, professional service and technology focused organization, please apply today!