The flexibility of design-build project delivery allows an Owner to choose among various approaches for procurement and contracting. In progressive design-build (PDB) the Owner “progresses” towards a design and contract price with the team, making it an increasingly popular delivery option. Using real-world case studies of exceptional outcomes, taught by some of the nation’s most experienced PDB Owners and practitioners, this course will help participants:
- Gain insight into the flexibility of design-build project delivery and the trade-offs, key considerations and opportunities of the various procurement approaches.
- Understand how Design-Build Done Right® best practices and principles apply to Progressive Design-Build (PDB).
- Take a deep dive into PDB, including a close look at what it means, key characteristics and how to determine if PDB is right for a project.
- Learn key elements of successful procurement, contracting and post-award execution for PDB.
One of the hallmarks of design-build project delivery is early knowledge of costs. This course introduces the fundamentals of conceptual estimating and how to go about assessing risk and calculating costs before design is complete. (6 CEUs)
At the end of the course students will be able to:
- Describe the role of the estimator in design-build
- Describe the various influences affecting building costs
- Describe the various types of estimates
- Describe how estimates are organized using standard estimating formats
- Explain how to use an estimating manual
- Describe how unit prices are developed
- Explain the fundamental concepts of value engineering
- Explain how to manage and control costs throughout the design process
- Describe the various checks and balances needed to ensure the reliability of the estimate
Last year there were owners in attendance representing:
Tampa Hllsbourgh Expressway Authority
Port of Tampa Bay
Moffitt Cancer Center
A three-day intensive program including the three DBIA core courses required for certification plus access to the exam prep course. We advise attendees to take the webinar before the workshop.
Code of Conduct Webinar (Pre-Workshop)
Day 1: Principles of Design-Build Delivery & Procurement
Day 2: Post Award: Executing the Delivery of Design-Build Projects
Day 3: Contracts & Risk Management