Classified Ads - Chesapeake Water Environment Association
Category: Job Bank
Ad Title: Asset Strategy Manager – Support Facilities Location: Hyattsville, Maryland Post Date: 08/01/19 Contact: Christina Robinson City: Laurel State: MD Zip: 20707 Phone (W): 301-206-8806 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Description: Key Responsibilities:
• Manages Support Facility Asset Management implementation activities according to a work program determined by the Assets Management Section Manager
• Ensures outcomes of WSSC’s asset management program implementations meet the needs of strategic investment planning for the support facilities including the development of asset strategies and asset management plans
• Prepares technical and verbal reports regarding the performance of the support facility assets and tracks the effectiveness of asset management strategies in improving cost and service level performance
• Leads and coordinates staff responsible for the development of facility asset strategies and the development of the facility Asset Management Plans, and/or Utility Master Plan (UMP)
• Facilitates the update of condition assessment and business risk exposure scores and the identification of Level 2 and 3 condition assessment needs
• Validates failure criteria based on new input regarding levels of service or budget and validates the shape factor curves for probability of failure
• Reviews/revises maintenance strategies and facilitates the validation of existing and/or the development of new asset replacement costs and/or revise replacement costs as necessary
• Generates a list of “at risk” assets and identifies candidates for analysis utilizing the asset management modeling software
• Determines optimal renewal/rehabilitation/replacement cycles and budgetary requirements based on results from the asset management model output
• Facilitates the review of “at risk” assets and identifies which assets require immediate attention for risk reduction, which should be monitored, and which should be run-to-failure
• Assesses root cause of failures and tracks and monitors failure modes and rates, and develop decay curves where relevant
• Identifies risk reduction strategies and/or projects
• Determines funding requirements and help set budget priorities
• Determines/updates asset information CLR ratings and identify improvement tasks and budgets and document CLR information into business improvement plan chapter
• Determines training and other HR needs associated with the asset management plan
• Initiates the approval process for the asset management plan
• Coordinates with staff responsible for asset information and standards management to undertake quality assessment on asset management data and information, and determine and manage changes to asset technical standards more info...
Ad Title: Civil Engineer Location: Organizational Location of the Position: Office of Post Date: 08/13/19 Description: Duty Station Location:
Full Time – Permanent
August 13, 2019
August 19, 2019
Area of Consideration:
Please review announcement under “Who May Apply”
Relocation Expenses Statement:
Relocation Expenses will not be paid
Contact Phone Number:
Vacancy Announcement Website:
https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/542370800 more info...
Ad Title: Environmental Health Specialist III (Grade 24) Location: Montgomery County Government Rockville, Maryland Post Date: 08/15/19 City: Rockville State: MD Website:visit our website... Description: Environmental Health Specialist III (Grade 24)
Montgomery County Government
Department of Environmental Protection
Salary Range: $61,765 to $102,377
The mission of the Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) is to enhance the quality of life in our community by protecting and improving Montgomery County’s air, water and land in a sustainable way while fostering smart growth, a thriving economy and healthy communities.
DEP is seeking to fill an Environmental Health Specialist III position with an individual that possess a broad range of technical, investigative and regulatory work experience related to the enforcement of environmental laws and regulations. The individual will perform complex inspections and investigations of air, water, noise, hazardous waste, and dry weather and suspicious stormwater discharges or other environmental incidents or complaints, and as appropriate enforce environmental laws and regulations, including the issuance of violation notices and citations to individuals and businesses.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Investigate environmental related complaints regarding water quality, air quality, indoor air quality, noise, and hazardous materials.
• Communicate with individuals and businesses to investigate and resolve complaints, and provide advice on methods of correcting deficiencies; negotiate and prepare timetable for compliance as well as conduct follow up investigations to monitor compliance.
• Conduct field surveys of storm drain outfalls checking for dry weather and suspicious discharges as part of the Department’s illicit discharge detection and elimination efforts required under the County’s Municipal Separate Storm Sewer Systems (MS4) Permit.
• Perform field analyses of dry weather flows and suspect water samples, and conduct field surveys of commercial and industrial areas checking for potential pollution runoff issues.
• Write comprehensive reports documenting inspections, investigations, and enforcement actions.
• Prepare documentation for court hearings or other legal action and testify in hearings and/or court proceedings.
The successful candidate must have the ability to think analytically, communicate effectively and handle communications and negotiations with tact, resourcefulness, and good judgement, even in confrontational or challenging situations, and work well with a broad range of individuals in an honest and respectful, professional manner. The ideal candidate will have a thorough knowledge of local, state and federal laws, standards, and regulations governing environmental health standards as well as knowledge and experience in applying methods and techniques in fact finding, analysis, and resolution of complex technical and environmental issues. The candidate must have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and as a team member.
Proficient experience in Microsoft Office Professional, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint is required. Database proficiency and experience using geographic information systems (GIS) is a plus.
The work requires the employee to visit sites, and attend meetings or perform work at locations outside of the office. The field environment of the work involves recurring exposure to dirt, grease, various chemicals, cold, heat and adverse weather conditions which may require the occasional use of special or protective clothing or equipment.
The work requires long periods of standing and/or walking, sometimes over rough or uneven surfaces; repeated bending, stooping or crouching; and some lifting of objects up to 50 pounds.
Required Registration at time of application; must be maintained during employment:
At the Environmental Health Specialist III level, the candidate must possess registration as a Licensed Environmental Health Specialist (LEHS) in the State of Maryland; or is licensed or registered to practice as an environmental health specialist or its equivalent in another state; or is credentialed as a Registered Environmental Health Specialist/Registered Sanitarian (REHS/RS) from the National Environmental Health Association (NEHA). The incumbent to the position must maintain the certification. The Maryland Board of Environmental Health Specialists requires all licensees to acquire 20 hours of approved continuing education per renewal cycle, which is every two years. Environmental Health Specialist Licensing requirements may be found at the Maryland Department of Health website: https://health.maryland.gov/behs/Pages/Licensing.aspx.
Other Required Certifications - must be obtained within first 6 months of employment; must be maintained during employment: If candidate has not already obtained the referenced training and certification at hire, the selected candidate will be required to obtain the referenced training and certification within the first six (6) months of employment. The incumbent of the position must maintain this certification. Please indicate in your job application and resume the certifications that you have.
• OSHA HAZWOPER Training (24 or 40-hour course):
• EPA Method 9 – Visible Opacity Training:
• Community Noise Enforcement Certification Course:
Ad Title: Manager, Plant Engineering – Water & Wastewater Location: Multiple Locations and Hyattsville MD Post Date: 08/01/19 Contact: email@example.com City: Laurel State: MD Zip: 20707 Phone (W): 301-206-8806 Website:visit our website... Description: Key Responsibilities:
• Performs independent research to optimize performance of water and wastewater treatment processes
• Reviews and interprets plant, collection, and distribution system operating data to identify process problems and recommends operational solutions to the problems
• Performs operational inspections of treatment, collection, and distribution facilities, and monitors plant operations to ensure compliance with WSSC standards, and state, local and federal regulations; reports non-compliances
• Directs the operations, maintenance and programming of the digital process control system equipment and IT networks equipment
• Coordinates plant treatment process control testing and proper calibration of on-line analytical equipment
• Manages the development, modification and maintenance of the facility’s data management system for operational data, engineering plans and specifications
• Evaluates the training needs for personnel, arranges and administers training, assists with new employee orientation and assists operators preparing for the State of Maryland Operator’s License examination
• Reviews and updates standard operating procedures for plant systems and ensures accurate operational records are maintained
• Manages the operation and maintenance of associated off-site pumping stations and off-site facilities
• Supervises and directs plant engineers, civil engineers, first line supervisors, engineering assistants and interns assigned to the plant
• Reviews plans and specifications to help develop plant related designs, recommend equipment upgrades and process modifications
• Reviews state and federal permits for the facility to maintain compliance, assists with permit renewals or modifications and facilitates inspections for compliance
• Monitors all pertinent occupational, health and safety regulations and ensures compliance with all local, state, and federal requirements and facilitates inspections for compliance
• Prepares and revises chemical, material, and service contract specifications, reviews bids, recommends awarding of contracts, and acts as project manager representative of contracts
• Prepares new contracts and/or revises existing ones, reviews bids, recommends awarding of contracts, and acts as a Project Manager or the Project Manager’s representative (COTR) of contracts
• Keeps current with industry metering and measuring equipment; evaluates need for new equipment to maintain plant proficiency
• Requisitions materials, tools, chemicals and equipment based on the plant’s needs
• Reviews and performs analysis with various plant and process operating costs for economic comparisons to facilitate proposed plant modifications and staffing requirements
• Recommends allocation of budgeted funds and requests approval for major expenditures, authorizes petty cash outlays and payment requests upon approval, and initiates field purchase orders
• Assists with preparing the annual fiscal budget reports and various financial monthly and annual reports; participates in the long-range planning, organization and direction of activities relating to the operation and improvements to the plants and collection facilities/distribution facilities to maximize performance while minimizing cost and environmental impact more info...
Ad Title: Program Manager II (Grade 25) Location: Montgomery County Post Date: 10/17/18 Website:visit our website... Description: Program Manager II (Grade 25)
Montgomery County Government
Department of Environmental Protection
Salary Range: $63,439 - $105,241
The mission of the Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) is to enhance the quality of life in our community by protecting and improving
Montgomery County’s air, water and land in a sustainable way while fostering smart growth, a thriving economy and healthy communities.
DEP is seeking an experienced Program Manager with advanced knowledge of vegetated stormwater management practice design, construction,
inspection and maintenance to manage all aspects of DEP’s maintenance program for environmental site design (ESD) practices on
County owned and operated properties. A strong background in horticulture or landscape architecture related to stormwater management, and
environmental site design (ESD) practices will be required. The successful candidate should have experience working with plants native to
Maryland’s piedmont area, experience designing planting specifications for ESD practices, and an understanding of Maryland’s design specification
for ESD practices. The position resides in the Stormwater Facility Maintenance Section within the Watershed Management Operations
Division. more info...
Ad Title: Project Engineer Location: Columbia, MD Post Date: 06/04/19 Contact: Meagan Lynch Email:Meagan.Lynch@xyleminc.com Website:visit our website... Description: The Role: Pure Technologies, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire enthusiastic, energetic Engineers to contribute to our Project Delivery group in a fast-paced and exciting work environment.
The successful candidate will initially be involved in the planning and field implementation of monitoring technologies for pipelines (SoundPrint® AFO); technical services including inspection, leak detection and condition assessment (PureEM®, SmartBall®, Sahara®, PipeDiver™, PureRobotics™); and specialized engineering services in areas related to asset management, primarily in the area ofpipeline condition assessment for water and wastewater infrastructure. The candidate will support Project Delivery in the planning and implementation of Pure’spipeline assessment projects more info...
Ad Title: Senior Engineer Location: Millersville, MD Post Date: 07/23/19 Contact: Laura Younker City: Millersville State: MD Phone (W): 410-729-8200 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Description: Job Description/Responsibilities:
Maryland Environmental Service has an opening for a Senior Engineer to join our Environmental Services Group at our Headquarters facility in Millersville, MD. This position will provide management level engineering, planning, direction and oversight related to MES water and wastewater projects and facilities. This position includes office and field activities, such as assessment of existing facilities, development of capital improvement projects, attendance at construction progress meetings, and preparation of proposals, grant applications, and reports for water and wastewater projects. more info...
Ad Title: Water/Engineering Program Manager Location: Columbia, MD Post Date: 06/04/19 Contact: Meagan Lynch Email:Meagan.Lynch@xyleminc.com Website:visit our website... Description: The Role : The Water/Engineering Program Manager will oversee a small staff of Project Engineers to ensure efficient use of resources, provide expertise when challenges arise, mentor and develop the team through strong and solution oriented leadership. This position will manage, build and strengthen programs and relationships with clients and serve as the face of Pure for key client projects. The Program Manager requires a self-motivated professional with more than 10 years of experience in the water/wastewater industry capable of demonstrating a history of managing and expanding work into new areas with existing and new clients and growing productive relationships, and a desire to grow personally as well as professionally. more info...
Fatal error: Call to undefined function quick_slideShow() in /home/cwea/public_html/footer.php on line 22