Classified Ads - Chesapeake Water Environment Association
Category: Job Bank
Ad Title: Asset Strategy Manager – Support Facilities Location: Hyattsville, Maryland Post Date: 08/01/19 Contact: Christina Robinson City: Laurel State: MD Zip: 20707 Phone (W): 301-206-8806 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Description: Key Responsibilities:
• Manages Support Facility Asset Management implementation activities according to a work program determined by the Assets Management Section Manager
• Ensures outcomes of WSSC’s asset management program implementations meet the needs of strategic investment planning for the support facilities including the development of asset strategies and asset management plans
• Prepares technical and verbal reports regarding the performance of the support facility assets and tracks the effectiveness of asset management strategies in improving cost and service level performance
• Leads and coordinates staff responsible for the development of facility asset strategies and the development of the facility Asset Management Plans, and/or Utility Master Plan (UMP)
• Facilitates the update of condition assessment and business risk exposure scores and the identification of Level 2 and 3 condition assessment needs
• Validates failure criteria based on new input regarding levels of service or budget and validates the shape factor curves for probability of failure
• Reviews/revises maintenance strategies and facilitates the validation of existing and/or the development of new asset replacement costs and/or revise replacement costs as necessary
• Generates a list of “at risk” assets and identifies candidates for analysis utilizing the asset management modeling software
• Determines optimal renewal/rehabilitation/replacement cycles and budgetary requirements based on results from the asset management model output
• Facilitates the review of “at risk” assets and identifies which assets require immediate attention for risk reduction, which should be monitored, and which should be run-to-failure
• Assesses root cause of failures and tracks and monitors failure modes and rates, and develop decay curves where relevant
• Identifies risk reduction strategies and/or projects
• Determines funding requirements and help set budget priorities
• Determines/updates asset information CLR ratings and identify improvement tasks and budgets and document CLR information into business improvement plan chapter
• Determines training and other HR needs associated with the asset management plan
• Initiates the approval process for the asset management plan
• Coordinates with staff responsible for asset information and standards management to undertake quality assessment on asset management data and information, and determine and manage changes to asset technical standards more info...
Ad Title: Civil Engineer Location: Organizational Location of the Position: Office of Post Date: 08/13/19 Description: Duty Station Location:
Full Time – Permanent
August 13, 2019
August 19, 2019
Area of Consideration:
Please review announcement under “Who May Apply”
Relocation Expenses Statement:
Relocation Expenses will not be paid
Contact Phone Number:
Vacancy Announcement Website:
https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/542370800 more info...
Ad Title: Manager, Plant Engineering – Water & Wastewater Location: Multiple Locations and Hyattsville MD Post Date: 08/01/19 Contact: email@example.com City: Laurel State: MD Zip: 20707 Phone (W): 301-206-8806 Website:visit our website... Description: Key Responsibilities:
• Performs independent research to optimize performance of water and wastewater treatment processes
• Reviews and interprets plant, collection, and distribution system operating data to identify process problems and recommends operational solutions to the problems
• Performs operational inspections of treatment, collection, and distribution facilities, and monitors plant operations to ensure compliance with WSSC standards, and state, local and federal regulations; reports non-compliances
• Directs the operations, maintenance and programming of the digital process control system equipment and IT networks equipment
• Coordinates plant treatment process control testing and proper calibration of on-line analytical equipment
• Manages the development, modification and maintenance of the facility’s data management system for operational data, engineering plans and specifications
• Evaluates the training needs for personnel, arranges and administers training, assists with new employee orientation and assists operators preparing for the State of Maryland Operator’s License examination
• Reviews and updates standard operating procedures for plant systems and ensures accurate operational records are maintained
• Manages the operation and maintenance of associated off-site pumping stations and off-site facilities
• Supervises and directs plant engineers, civil engineers, first line supervisors, engineering assistants and interns assigned to the plant
• Reviews plans and specifications to help develop plant related designs, recommend equipment upgrades and process modifications
• Reviews state and federal permits for the facility to maintain compliance, assists with permit renewals or modifications and facilitates inspections for compliance
• Monitors all pertinent occupational, health and safety regulations and ensures compliance with all local, state, and federal requirements and facilitates inspections for compliance
• Prepares and revises chemical, material, and service contract specifications, reviews bids, recommends awarding of contracts, and acts as project manager representative of contracts
• Prepares new contracts and/or revises existing ones, reviews bids, recommends awarding of contracts, and acts as a Project Manager or the Project Manager’s representative (COTR) of contracts
• Keeps current with industry metering and measuring equipment; evaluates need for new equipment to maintain plant proficiency
• Requisitions materials, tools, chemicals and equipment based on the plant’s needs
• Reviews and performs analysis with various plant and process operating costs for economic comparisons to facilitate proposed plant modifications and staffing requirements
• Recommends allocation of budgeted funds and requests approval for major expenditures, authorizes petty cash outlays and payment requests upon approval, and initiates field purchase orders
• Assists with preparing the annual fiscal budget reports and various financial monthly and annual reports; participates in the long-range planning, organization and direction of activities relating to the operation and improvements to the plants and collection facilities/distribution facilities to maximize performance while minimizing cost and environmental impact more info...
Ad Title: Program Manager II (Grade 25) Location: Montgomery County Post Date: 10/17/18 Website:visit our website... Description: Program Manager II (Grade 25)
Montgomery County Government
Department of Environmental Protection
Salary Range: $63,439 - $105,241
The mission of the Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) is to enhance the quality of life in our community by protecting and improving
Montgomery County’s air, water and land in a sustainable way while fostering smart growth, a thriving economy and healthy communities.
DEP is seeking an experienced Program Manager with advanced knowledge of vegetated stormwater management practice design, construction,
inspection and maintenance to manage all aspects of DEP’s maintenance program for environmental site design (ESD) practices on
County owned and operated properties. A strong background in horticulture or landscape architecture related to stormwater management, and
environmental site design (ESD) practices will be required. The successful candidate should have experience working with plants native to
Maryland’s piedmont area, experience designing planting specifications for ESD practices, and an understanding of Maryland’s design specification
for ESD practices. The position resides in the Stormwater Facility Maintenance Section within the Watershed Management Operations
Division. more info...
Ad Title: Utilities Plan Reviewer Location: La Plata, MD Post Date: 09/06/19 Contact: Sierra Haynes Phone (W): 301-645-0585 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Website:visit our website... Description: Job Description/Responsibilities:
Performs document review and related work for the County; The work involves ensuring code and ordinance compliance within defined areas such as preliminary engineering, building, development, and subdivision reviews. Worker shall initiate own daily assignments, follow through on matters, and use independent judgement and training to take appropriate actions to deal with standard recurring situations.
Essential Job Functions:
• Reviews building/project plans to determine code and ordinance compliance, specifically water and sewer infrastructure
• Reviews plans for County infrastructure, residential, commercial, and industrial buildings for compliance with the Water and Sewer ordinance and various utility requirements applicable to construction.
• Recommends changes in codes, ordinances, and standard details to resolve design and interpretation issues and to accommodate new materials and new design concepts
• Confers with architects, engineers, contractors and owners on proposed projects to resolve problems prior to submittal; conducts preliminary plan reviews of projects before they are formally submitted
• Communicates in person, by telephone and electronically with County employees, contractors, and public officials to explain and administer provisions of development requirements
• Prepares written documents (staff recommendations and plan review reports) with clearly organized thoughts to advise County staff, engineers and other stakeholders of plan and design corrections
• Prioritizes own work and review of plans, to complete work within specified time frames, with results clearly recorded for both the project and the record.
• Attends various project meetings to inform stakeholders of the County’s water and sewer requirements, policies, and procedures; serves as a skilled technical advisor
• Prepares regularly scheduled reports
• Answers questions and advises project stakeholders concerning codes and ordinances; advises inspectors of unusual design, construction or potential installation problems
• Maintains project files and records and prepares related reports including graphic materials, maps and other illustrative materials as necessary.
• Uses ESRI ArcGIS software to produce maps and verify capacity for various projects and tasks.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills (These are pre-employment KASs that apply only to Essential Job Functions.)
• Federal, state, and local ordinances, regulations and codes related to water and wastewater infrastructure.
• Methods and procedures used in maintaining and repairing water and wastewater distribution, collection, and treatment facilities.
• Interface with various projects of varying degrees of difficulty, size and complexity
• Explain technical problems in layman’s terms, communicate with stakeholders regarding County requirements, and recommends solutions for meeting requirements
• Read and interpret engineering, architectural, and construction drawings and diagrams
• Conduct onsite inspections to document progress and to interpret and apply applicable ordinances, rules, regulations, standard specifications and details to varied projects.
Required Qualifications (Note: Any acceptable combination of education, training and experience that provides the above knowledges, abilities and skills may be substituted on a full-time year for year basis.)
Training and/or Education
Associates Degree in Engineering or 3 years experience in either an environmental field or with plan review more info...
Ad Title: Water Quality Specialist II (Grade 22) Montgomery County Government Department of Environmental Protection Location: Rockville, Maryland Post Date: 10/04/19 City: Rockville State: MD Website:visit our website... Description: Water Quality Specialist II (Grade 22)
Montgomery County Government
Department of Environmental Protection
Salary Range: $56,280 - $93,140
The mission of the Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) is to enhance the quality of life in our community by protecting and improving Montgomery County’s air, water and land in a sustainable way while fostering smart growth, a thriving economy and healthy communities.
DEP is seeking to fill a Water Quality Specialist II position within the Planning, Outreach & Monitoring Section of the Watershed Restoration Division. The position will be part of the Stream Monitoring group and will work under the supervision of the Senior Water Quality Specialist who is responsible for managing the Stream Monitoring program.
The successful candidate will be a team member of the stream monitoring crew and will be responsible for providing moderate to advanced level technical field, office, and laboratory work in aquatic ecology, water resources monitoring, BMP effectiveness monitoring, environmental data analysis, water quality reporting, including collective work to prepare the Annual Special Protection Area (SPA) Report and support National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) Discharge Permit Annual Report.