Classified Ads - Chesapeake Water Environment Association
Category: Job Bank
Ad Title: Engineer V Location: Fairfax County Government, 12000 Government Center Post Date: 02/18/20 Contact: Nora Henderson Phone (W): 703-324-3368 Email:email@example.com Website:visit our website... Description: Fairfax County is one of the largest jurisdictions in the Commonwealth of Virginia with over 1.1 million people and has a reputation for sound fiscal management. This urbanizing county has a history of stable political leadership, effective citizen engagement, and outstanding service delivery. Works as part of the Wastewater Design and Construction Division, Collection Branch, in Capital Facilities. Serves under the general supervision of the Branch Chief, Wastewater Design and Construction Division (WDCD) to supervise, manage, and provide direction, leadership, and technical guidance to a small team of professional engineers and technical staff for complex project management, planning, budgeting, scheduling, design, bidding and construction management of wastewater conveyance projects, with a special emphasis on alternative project delivery methods such as Design-Build, and CM-at-Risk.
Graduation from a four-year college or university accredited by the Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technologies with a bachelor's degree in the appropriate engineering or architecture field; plus five years of progressively responsible professional experience in the appropriate engineering or architectural field.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES REQUIRED:
1.A valid driver's license.
2.Professional Engineer (PE) or Registered Architect (RA)
3.NASSCO Pipeline Assessment Certification within six months of employment.
4.Basic EOC Certification within six months of employment.
5.Certified Construction Manager (CCM) certification by Construction Management Association of America (CMAA) or ability to obtain within one year of appointment.
6.Certified Facility Manager (CFM, International Facility Management Association (IFMA) or the ability to obtain within one year of appointment.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
The appointee to this position will be required to complete a criminal background check, a credit history check, and a driving record check to the satisfaction of the employer.
1.Five years or more of supervisory experience.
2.Certified Construction Manager (CCM).
3.At least seven years of progressively responsible experience in construction contract administration of complex wastewater projects or major utility or public works projects.
4.Seven years of experience in construction management.
5.Five years of extensive experience in Capital Project Budget and Capital Improvement Program (CIP) or extensive experience in working with public/governmental facilities.
6.Five years or more of experience in the local, federal, and/or state wastewater and site development codes.
7.Extensive experience in negotiation and in resolving construction claim disputes and through knowledge of construction contract law.
8.Demonstrated ability to provide effective leadership with staff and work collaboratively with stakeholders.
9.Outstanding communication skills, and experience managing a diverse professional staff.
Ability to produce handwritten and typed documents. Ability to walk, negotiate or traverse property sites that may be undergoing construction or having terrain that is not level. Ability to bend, stoop, crawl and work in tiring and uncomfortable positions. Ability to lift up to 30 pounds. Work requires performing tasks in adverse weather conditions. Ability to perform field inspections at development sites, project construction sites or potential sites for future facilities. All duties performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
Panel interview and may include exercise.
It is the policy of Fairfax County Government to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 703-222-7314. EEO/AA/TTY. more info...
Ad Title: Engineering Technician II Location: Frederick County Government Post Date: 03/18/20 Contact: Kristi Gordon City: Frederick State: MD Zip: 21701 Phone (W): 301-600-1070 Email:Kgordon2@frederickcountymd.gov Website:visit our website... Description: This technical position is responsible for stormwater infrastructure technician work for the Office of Sustainability and Environmental Resources (OSER) in the Office of the County Executive. Supervision is received from the Manager, OSER. more info...
Ad Title: Program Manager, Anaerobic Digestion/Combined Heat & Power (AD/CHP) Location: WSSC Water, 14501 Sweitzer Lane, Laurel MD 20706 Post Date: 02/18/20 Contact: Christina Robinson Phone (W): 301-206-8787 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Website:visit our website... Description: WSSC Water, one of the nation’s largest water and resource recovery utilities in the nation, seeks a Program Manager, Anaerobic Digestion/Combined Heat & Power (AD/CHP) to plan, direct and manage the overall long-term operation and maintenance of the Anaerobic Digestion/Combined Heat & Power (AD/CHP) facility at the Piscataway Water Resource Recovery Facility in Accokeek, MD.
• Assumes responsibility and legal accountability for the effective operation, maintenance and management of all aspects of a major AD/CHP plant including cake receiving, de-watering and side stream treatment operations
• Plans, organizes and directs the activities of a major AD/CHP facility including thermal hydrolysis pre-treatment, mesophilic anaerobic digestion, fats, oils & grease handling equipment, cake receiving, de-watering operations, side stream treatment and combined heat & power processes and equipment
• Confers with supervisors and staff, analyzes, evaluates and makes determinations concerning AD/CHP plant operations and maintenance
• Acts as a WSSC Water project team member for the design and commissioning of the AD/CHP plant
• Develops and maintains standard operating and emergency procedures and operation manuals for AD/CHP facility
• Performs operational review of plans and specifications for the new AD/CHP facility, expansions and process modifications
• Prepares and/or approves work schedules for 24 hour/day plant operations
• Develops and/or approves chemical, material, and service contract specifications
• Maintains chemical supplies and spare parts inventories; schedules replenishments and requisitions tools, equipment and supplies
• Coordinates with Piscataway WRRF’s safety program; investigates accidents and completes required reports
Minimally, a qualified Program Manager, AD/CHP, will have:
• BS degree in Civil, Environmental, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering, or a related engineering discipline
• 7+ years’ experience in environmental, water and wastewater utility operations and/or maintenance
• 3+ years of management/supervisory experience
• Comprehensive knowledge of the contemporary concepts, principles, methods and practices in the field of civil, mechanical, electrical, and process control engineering related to wastewater plant design, operations and maintenance
• Thorough knowledge of the equipment, processes, materials, operations and maintenance practices of a modern wastewater treatment plant
• Basic knowledge of budgeting and financial management
• Knowledge of plant discharge requirements under the Federal Clean Water Act
• Preferably, the ideal candidate will also possess:
o Graduate-level coursework in engineering or business
o Management and operations and maintenance experience with an AD/CHP plant of similar or larger size
o Operations and maintenance experience with high pressure steam, boiler, and power generation systems
To learn more about WSSC Water, please visit www.wsscwater.com. If you are interested in applying for this opportunity (vacancy # 20-0119), please visit our Careers page at https://wsscwater.peopleadmin.com/.
Salary Range: $103,905 - $158,617
Position is Open Until Filled
EOE M/V/D more info...
Ad Title: Senior Civil/Water Resources Engineer/Project Manager Location: AECOM, 12420 Milestone Center Drive, Germantown, M Post Date: 02/18/20 Contact: Shelita Parker Phone (W): 7702357850 Email:email@example.com Website:visit our website... Description: IMAGINE THE POSSIBILITIES!
Imagine a world where everyone has access to a reliable water supply and a safe wastewater disposal system. AECOM’s Water Business Line is working toward this goal, one project at a time by helping our clients solve their most challenging water issues! We draw upon countless lessons learned across the globe to provide solutions to our clients that address real-world water challenges such as safety, reliability, stewardship, population change, more stringent regulations, shifting public policy, and construction costs
AECOM is actively seeking a creative, highly-talented Senior Civil/Water Resources Engineer and Project Manager for immediate employment for the Germantown, MD office. We are looking for an engineering project manager to provide leadership as part of an established civil and water resources engineering design team in our Germantown, Maryland office. This position will support ongoing water resources and site civil engineering projects across the DC-Metro/Mid-Atlantic region, including client interface, project management, and business development. There is also the potential for this position to include Team Leader responsibilities.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
• Lead, direct, and perform assignments related to stormwater management and water resources engineering design projects
• Exercise professional judgment in selecting and developing engineering alternatives and solutions
• Prepare engineering related calculations and develop drawings and visual aids, including CAD design plans
• Provide leadership, direction and mentoring to junior and mid-level team members.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with an emphasis in water resources OR other related degree
• 8 years of experience
• Proven Project Management experience on civil and stormwater management projects •
• 10+ years of related experience is highly preferred.
• Professional Engineering License (Maryland/DC/Virginia) or ability to obtain by comity within 3 months of hire date
• Strong working knowledge of industry standard computer software for the position (e.g., AutoCAD, ArcGIS,
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• A strong sense of commitment, a willingness to learn, and a desire to work in a dynamic environment
• Advanced experience with standard computer software for the position (e.g., AutoCAD, ArcGIS, Hydrologic/Hydraulic
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster. more info...
Ad Title: Sr. Manager, Asset Management Program (AMP) Location: WSSC Water, 14501 Sweitzer Lane, Laurel MD 20706 Post Date: 02/18/20 Contact: Christina Robinson Phone (W): 301-206-8787 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Website:visit our website... Description: WSSC Water, one of the nation’s largest water and resource recovery utilities in the nation, seeks a Sr. Manager, Asset Management Program (AMP) to lead the development and implementation of WSSC Water’s Asset Management Program.
• Directs and manages all operations related to organization of the asset management program
• Provides overall management and guidance to the AMP Strategic Committee
• Establishes asset management-related policies and procedures for the program
• Leads, plans and manages the development and implementation of the Asset Management Program (AMP) including the continuous improvement of asset management processes and practices within WSSC Water
• Provides expert advice on modifications to asset management processes and procedures; coordinates for the consistent implementation of asset management process and procedures within the organization
• Evaluates asset-related standards and determines necessary action to apply such standards within the organization
• Ensures that the outcomes of the WSSC Water Asset Management Program implementations meet the needs of strategic investment planning for the infrastructure
• Identifies resource requirements and performance data for the program
• Develops work standards utilizing work measurement procedures
• Establishes, implements and updates procedures to ensure overall efficiency, productivity and effectiveness
• Oversees the work necessary to create or update the network and enterprise asset management plans and implement business improvement projects
• Oversees the development of multi-year strategies and funding requirements to sustain the infrastructure
• Manages the Project Needs Planning Committee and provides recommendations for committee consideration and decision-making
• Creates and/or reviews technical reports regarding the performance of the AMP program and effectiveness of asset management strategies in improving enterprise cost and service-level performance and recommends response actions as appropriate
• Oversees and coordinates work associated with research to improve asset management practices and new technologies applicable to the AMP program and business processes of the Office
Minimally, a qualified Sr. Manager, Asset Management Program, will have:
• BS degree in Engineering, Business or a related discipline
• 10+ years’ program management experience in in the delivery of asset management programs or related program management experience
• 3+ years of management/supervisory experience
• Comprehensive knowledge of the principles and practices related to asset management and the water/wastewater industry
• Knowledge of the principles and practices needed for effective use of decision support systems such as Riva, and optimization systems, such as SAS, Optimatics or others
• Basic knowledge of budgeting and financial management
• Preferably, the ideal candidate will also possess graduate-level coursework in Engineering, Business Administration, Management and hold PMP certification.
To learn more about WSSC Water, please visit www.wsscwater.com. If you are interested in applying for this opportunity (vacancy # 20-0114), please visit our Careers page at https://wsscwater.peopleadmin.com/.
Salary Range: $114,296 - $174,478
Position is Open Until Filled
EOE M/V/D more info...
Ad Title: Water Resources Engineer Location: AECOM, 12420 Milestone Center Drive, Germantown, M Post Date: 02/20/20 Contact: Shelita Parker Phone (W): 4049659600 Email:Shelita.Parker1@aecom.com Website:visit our website... Description: OUR WATER, OUR WORLD!
Imagine a world where everyone has access to a reliable water supply and a safe wastewater disposal system. AECOM’s Water Business Line is working toward this goal, one project at a time, helping our clients solve their most challenging water issues. We draw upon countless lessons learned across the globe to provide solutions to our clients that address real-world water challenges such as safety, reliability, stewardship, population change, more stringent regulations, shifting public policy, and construction costs
AECOM has an immediate opening in our Germantown, MD office for a Water Resources Engineer, to perform Water resources hydrologic and hydraulic analyses for flood hazard mapping. Duties include, but not limited to:
• Assist in the development and application of hydrologic and hydraulic modeling and analyses related to floodplain
management studies and a variety of water resource projects
• Prepare engineering related calculations and develop drawings and visual aids
• Perform assignments requiring application of standard techniques, procedures and criteria to carry out engineering tasks.
Assignments are designed to further develop judgment and understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities.
• Exercise judgment limited to developing details of work in making preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering
• Work under supervision of a project manager or senior-level team member
• Provide guidance to junior-level team members•
• Bachelor's degree (Master's preferred) in civil engineering or similar field
• A proven career focused in water resources
• Professional Engineer’s license or ability to obtain within one year of employment
• Due to the nature of the work, U.S. Citizenship or Green Card Holder is required
• Ideal candidates will have a strong background in hydrology and hydraulic analysis and experience using GIS systems,
HEC-HMS, and HEC-RAS. more info...
Fatal error: Call to undefined function quick_slideShow() in /home/cwea/public_html/footer.php on line 22