The Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission (WSSC) is one of the largest water and resource recovery utilities in the nation. Headquartered in Laurel, Maryland, WSSC serves residential and commercial customers in Prince George’s and Montgomery counties in suburban Washington, DC.
The Deputy Director, Utility Services serves as principal assistant to the Director, Utility Services. Responsibilities include planning, directing, coordinating and supervising the repair and maintenance of water distribution and wastewater collection systems assets and meter operations. The Deputy Director focuses on optimizing operations, creating efficiencies and creating consistent effective maintenance programs and processes.
• Assists Director, Utility Services in the operations, repair and maintenance of the infrastructure to deliver potable water and collection of wastewater
• Plans programs and implements complete maintenance repair and construction processes
• Coordinates maintenance and construction work with Division Managers and provides technical assistance
• Performs administrative duties for Division; assists Director with the daily management of the Division’s operating budgets, personnel, equipment, and facilities; assists with CIP budget requests; prepares specifications for major expenditures for construction equipment and materials, operating equipment and fleet vehicles; prepares technical operational reports
• Analyzes data from various data sources such as water system compliance testing, maintenance and repair work orders, and data from other appropriate databases;
determines trends, identifies issues, and recommends any needed changes to system operations or systems
• Supervises employees including selecting or recommending selection, training, assigning and evaluating work, counseling, disciplining, and/or termination or recommending termination
• Answers technical questions and advises the public and other governmental agencies on policy, maintenance and construction costs
• Coordinates Division’s preventative maintenance and repair program
• Responds to complaints or requests for information from customers
Ad Title: Division Manager, Utility Services Maintenance Location: Gaithersburg, MD Post Date: 04/23/19 Contact: Christina Robinson Phone (W): 301-206-8806 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Website:visit our website... Description: WSSC, one of the nation’s largest water and resource recovery utilities in the nation, seeks a Division Manager, Utility Services Maintenance to join us in our efforts to maintain our critical water and wastewater infrastructure. You will plan, direct and manage all work activities, functions and operations of the water distribution and sewer collection systems in the northern zone of the sanitary district, based in Gaithersburg, Maryland. You will also be responsible for the overall delivery of water to our residential and commercial customers, the collection of all sanitary sewer and the installation of all meters in the north zone. Specifically, the Division Mgr., Utility Services Maintenance performs these essential functions:
• Supervises approximately 70 employees including selecting or recommending selection, training, assigning and evaluating work, counseling, disciplining, and/or termination or recommending termination
• Plans, directs and coordinates the work of staff that are responsible for the maintenance and repair/replacement of the water distribution and wastewater collection systems in the northern zone of the sanitary district; takes actions to adjust work activities, staffing and operations to meet daily workload demands
• Directs after-hours emergency efforts in the maintenance and repair of the collection and distribution systems to provide 24-hour/day response and service to customers
• Responsible for coordinating and assisting in shutdowns and other construction activities associated with development projects from other departments and/or divisions
• Coordinates investigations, inquiries and complaints such as water leaks and sewer stoppages; resolves complex customer or employee complaints/problems
• Works with other WSSC Utility Services and Customer Relations staff to respond to customer inquiries related to water/sewer systems and operations
• Prepares and maintains necessary records, budgets, correspondence and reports relating to the activities of the division
• Collects, analyzes and monitors data in support of organizational benchmarks and business goals
• Oversees contract staff to assure delivery of individual projects in accordance with established WSSC goals, policies and procedures more info...
Ad Title: Program Manager II (Grade 25) Location: Montgomery County Post Date: 10/17/18 Website:visit our website... Description: Program Manager II (Grade 25)
Montgomery County Government
Department of Environmental Protection
Salary Range: $63,439 - $105,241
The mission of the Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) is to enhance the quality of life in our community by protecting and improving
Montgomery County’s air, water and land in a sustainable way while fostering smart growth, a thriving economy and healthy communities.
DEP is seeking an experienced Program Manager with advanced knowledge of vegetated stormwater management practice design, construction,
inspection and maintenance to manage all aspects of DEP’s maintenance program for environmental site design (ESD) practices on
County owned and operated properties. A strong background in horticulture or landscape architecture related to stormwater management, and
environmental site design (ESD) practices will be required. The successful candidate should have experience working with plants native to
Maryland’s piedmont area, experience designing planting specifications for ESD practices, and an understanding of Maryland’s design specification
for ESD practices. The position resides in the Stormwater Facility Maintenance Section within the Watershed Management Operations
Division. more info...
Ad Title: Project Engineer Location: Columbia, MD Post Date: 06/04/19 Contact: Meagan Lynch Email:Meagan.Lynch@xyleminc.com Website:visit our website... Description: The Role: Pure Technologies, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire enthusiastic, energetic Engineers to contribute to our Project Delivery group in a fast-paced and exciting work environment.
The successful candidate will initially be involved in the planning and field implementation of monitoring technologies for pipelines (SoundPrint® AFO); technical services including inspection, leak detection and condition assessment (PureEM®, SmartBall®, Sahara®, PipeDiver™, PureRobotics™); and specialized engineering services in areas related to asset management, primarily in the area ofpipeline condition assessment for water and wastewater infrastructure. The candidate will support Project Delivery in the planning and implementation of Pure’spipeline assessment projects more info...
Ad Title: Superintendent, Water Resource Recovery Plant Location: Upper Marlboro, MD Post Date: 04/23/19 Contact: Christina Robinson Phone (W): 301-206-8787 Email:email@example.com Website:visit our website... Description: Job Description/Responsibilities:
WSSC is one of the nation’s largest water and resource recovery utilities. Headquartered in Laurel, MD, we serve over 1.8 million commercial and residential customers in suburban Maryland. We are actively seeking a Superintendent, Water Resource Recovery Plant to plan, direct and manage the overall long-term operation and maintenance of a large wastewater treatment plant and related remote facilities. Key Responsibilities:
• Plans, organizes and directs the activities of a major wastewater treatment plant and related remote facilities
• Supervises plant personnel including employment, separations, discipline communications, counseling, coaching, training resolution of problems and questions, and the full range of personnel management activities
• Initiates and participates in long-range planning, engineering, testing, acceptance, and transition to routine operation and maintenance of capital improvement projects, for existing and future treatment plants and remote facilities
• Confers with supervisors and staff, analyzes, evaluates and makes determinations concerning plant operations and maintenance
• Reviews plant operating data to make operational and maintenance decisions which require immediate action • Performs operational review of plans and specifications for new plants, expansions and process modifications
• Approves design and makes equipment and process modifications
• Sets priorities for repairs and modifies procedures to adjust for non-operating equipment
• Prepares and/or approves work schedules for 24×7×365 plant operations
• Develops and/or approves chemical, material and service contract specifications
• Reviews bids, makes award recommendations and administers contracts
• Maintains chemical supplies and spare parts inventories; schedules replenishments and requisitions tools, equipment and supplies more info...
Ad Title: Water/Engineering Program Manager Location: Columbia, MD Post Date: 06/04/19 Contact: Meagan Lynch Email:Meagan.Lynch@xyleminc.com Website:visit our website... Description: The Role : The Water/Engineering Program Manager will oversee a small staff of Project Engineers to ensure efficient use of resources, provide expertise when challenges arise, mentor and develop the team through strong and solution oriented leadership. This position will manage, build and strengthen programs and relationships with clients and serve as the face of Pure for key client projects. The Program Manager requires a self-motivated professional with more than 10 years of experience in the water/wastewater industry capable of demonstrating a history of managing and expanding work into new areas with existing and new clients and growing productive relationships, and a desire to grow personally as well as professionally. more info...
Fatal error: Call to undefined function quick_slideShow() in /home/cwea/public_html/footer.php on line 22