1. Describe Chronic Pain and how it is related to mental health.
2. Explain why mental health must be part of a treatment plan for all chronic pain patients.
3. Assess the red flags for both medication treatment and indwelling technology treatment and chronic pain.
4. Discuss how psychology is built into the definition of chronic pain and how pain is a product of the nervous system.
5. Summarize what can be done to improve patient’s responses to medical treatments, including medications, procedures, and surgery.
6. Compare the connection of anxiety, fear, trauma, and depression with calm thinking related to chronic pain symptoms.