British Columbia Economic Development Association - Event Information
Investment Attraction and Aftercare (BRE) Workshop
Foreign direct investment in Canada was $51.3 billion in 2018. To draw from that sizeable pie, communities and regions need to compete at a global level. BCEDA is pleased to offer this intensive two-day workshop providing an opportunity to learn about rising markets and sectors, what investors are looking for, and how communities can capture their attention.
This workshop will provide participants with:
• Improve community and regional capacity to attract investment
• Identify key sectors and geography to target
• Identify individual community/regional competitive advantages
• Methods to increase foreign investor awareness of the potential opportunities
• How to use your BRE to increase investment
• Expand investment attraction knowledge and skills
• Increase awareness of provincial initiatives to attract investment
• A template to develop a customized Investment Attraction Strategy
The primary objective is to build knowledgeable and skilled economic development professionals and thereby increase the ability to attract investment and retain/expand the existing industry and investment base in the province. The workshop is designed to provide foundational investment attraction strategies and concepts, as well as the skills required to interact with potential investors. The work of the Province of BC in attracting investment and supporting economic development goals will be highlighted during the workshop and how your communities can align strategies.
This two-day workshop provides a template for you to develop a customized Investment Attraction Strategy for your community or region. Course participants can provide a draft of their strategy to the workshop facilitators for coaching and feedback.
9/9/2019 - 9/10/2019
Monday 1:00 PM to 6:00PM; Tuesday 8:30AM to 4:30 PM
Northern Development Initiative Trust 301 - 1268 Fifth Avenue Prince George, BC V2L 3L2 CANADA