9:00 AM - 4:00 PM Eastern
Packaging Dynamics Professional (PDP) Certification Live Virtual Training
Wednesday, November 9, 2022
The leader of this training will be ISTA's Lead Instructor, Larry Dull.
This Live Virtual Training event covers all six (6) courses required to obtain your ISTA Packaging Dynamics Professional (PDP) Certification. Once you complete these courses and pass the exam, you will receive your certification as an ISTA Packaging Dynamics Professional.
PDP 101: Principles of Distribution Packaging is an introduction to various topics that affect distribution package design. Topics include understanding the various levels of packaging, corrugated fundamentals, sustainability, and the implications of packaging decisions. The hazards of supply chains, transportation modes, and different commerce channels will also be discussed.
- A better understanding of the roles of the different layers of packaging in distribution
- An understanding of the fundamentals of corrugated and making sustainable packaging decisions
- An understanding of the importance of preshipment testing and the role ISTA plays in the development & implementation of test standards
- An understanding of various commerce and supply chain channels
- A better understanding of the decision-making process related to packaging design and sustainability
PDP 101 is followed by 5 additional 200-level courses:
- PDP 201: Atmospheric & Compression Hazards in Transit
- PDP 202: Shock & Drop Hazards in Transit
- PDP 203: Vibration Hazards in Transit
- PDP 204: Test Laboratory Operations & Instrumentation
- PDP 205: Test Procedures & Enhanced Simulation Testing
PDP 201 through 205 build on what is learned in PDP 101 to examine the hazards packages experience in our global distribution environment. The morning session will focus on packaging design, optimization and testing challenges associated with atmospheric, compression, shock, drop & vibration hazards in transit. The afternoon session will examine the importance & process of using test procedures in the lab to simulate shipping hazards in the environment. PDP coursework will emphasize techniques to get accurate & reliable data using test instrumentation. Finally, trainees will learn about the latest technology in test planning & reporting. PDP 201 through 205 are the continuation of ISTA’s Packaging Dynamics Professional (PDP) certification program.SCHEDULE:
- Instruction: 9:00am-12:00pm
- Lunch Break: 12:00pm – 1:00pm
- Instruction: 1:00pm-4:00pm
ISTA Member Discounted Rate: $1350
Non-Member Rate: $1950
Student Rate: $1200