AGS - School Age Programs/Before and After school
- Job Name
- AGS - School Age Programs/Before and After school
- POSITION SUMMARY:
The Assistant Group Supervisor is responsible for all operations of the classroom including planning and implementing appropriate activities, following the daily schedules, supervising and coordinating activities with the classroom aides and/or volunteers
Under the direction of the Center Director the Assistant Group Supervisor shall:
1. Conduct the duties of this position in a manner that is consistent with and follows all YMCA Personnel and Child Care Policies; including the State Regulations for Child Care Centers, the Character Traits of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
2. Attend trainings, be familiar with and adhere to policies relating to Risk Management
3. Report all concerns regarding the children, program and co-workers to the Center Director in a timely manner.
4. Establish and model appropriate classroom management skills and techniques.
5. Ensure the safety and well being of all children in the program by providing appropriate supervision and interactions.
6. Manage behaviors through positive guidance, re-direction and conflict resolution. Establish a set of reasonable limits and consequences and follow them through consistently.
7. Assist the Center Director in carrying out activities relating to ensuring and measuring positive outcomes for children, parents and staff.
8. Participate fully in all center activities including but not limited to field trips, swimming and food service
9. Maintain an orderly arrangement and appearance of the classroom, center and/or areas utilized by the program by cleaning, sweeping, wiping tables, vacuuming, or other duties specified by the Center Director
10. Communicate and greet parents. Report parent concerns to Group Supervisor.
11. Maintain the confidentiality of children’s records and other pertinent information
12. Coordinate and plan with other teachers; schedules, breaks, activities while being sure ratios are maintained.
13. Assist in maintaining and submitting program records such as lesson plans
14. Attend staff meetings, trainings and other opportunities for professional development; maintain PDR and be sure training hours as governed by the State Regulations and STARS program are completed.
15. Assist the Center Director or Group Supervisor with any other duties required or asked to maintain and provide quality child care.
- Job Type
- Education Level Required
- High School/GED
- Location City
- Reading, PA 19601, United states
- Contact Person
- Shelley Eppihimer
- Contact Email
- Contact Phone
- How to Apply
- On website at www.ymcarbc.org/careers
We have multiple openings for this position across all our centers in Berks County. Please select location when completing the application.
You can also apply by submitting your resume and cover letter including location to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Direct Link
- Click here for more info