Group Supervisor - childcare 6wks - 6yrs
- Job Name
- Group Supervisor - childcare 6wks - 6yrs
- POSITION SUMMARY:
The Group Supervisor is responsible for all operations of the classroom; including planning and implementing appropriate activities and supervising and coordinating activities of classroom assistants, aides and volunteers.
Under the direction of a Director the Group Supervisor shall:
1. Conduct the duties of the position in a manner that is consistent with and follows all YMCA Personnel and Child Care Policies; including the State regulations for Child Care Centers, and the Character Traits of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
2. Become familiar with, attend training’s on, sign and adhere to policies relating to Risk Management.
3. Report all concerns regarding the clients, program, and co-workers in a timely manner to the Center Director.
4. Establish and model appropriate classroom management skills and techniques.
5. Supervise classroom staff; ensure that all YMCA Policies are followed, coordinate staff responsibilities, develop potential, evaluate and provide feedback.
6. Ensure the safety and well being of all children in the program through appropriate supervision and interaction.
7. Manage behaviors through positive guidance, re-direction, and conflict resolution. Establish a set of reasonable limits and consequences and follow through consistently.
8. Meet the emotional, social, physical and cognitive needs of each child.
9. Plan daily activities that align with early learning standards following appropriate practice, promote child self-image, confidence, and feelings of self-worth. Submit weekly plans to Assistant Director/Center Director.
10. Complete two assessments of children’s development - after 30 days and after 6 months of enrollment
11. Report progress of children to parents in bi-annual reports and through parent-teacher conferences.
12. Assist the directors in carrying out activities related to ensuring and measuring outcomes for children, parents, and staff.
13. Participate fully in all center activities, including, but not limited to swimming, field trips, and meal service and clean up.
14. Maintain an orderly arrangement and appearance of the classroom, center and program areas utilized by cleaning toys, sweeping, and washing tables. Provide proper care of equipment, space and materials.
15. Communicate with and greet parents. Handle concerns sensitively and promptly. Keep parents informed of the child’s progress and over-all well being.
16. Coordinate and plan with other Teachers: schedules, activities, and ratios
17. Maintain the confidentiality of student and staff records and other pertinent information.
18. Maintain and submit in a timely manner all program records such as lesson plans, meal counts, attendance, time sheets, etc.
19. Attend staff meetings, trainings, and other opportunities for professional development.
20. Assist the Center Director with other duties required to provide quality child care in accordance to program goals.
- Job Type
- Education Level Required
- Some College
- Location City
- Reading, PA 19601, United states
- Contact Person
- Briana Natal
- Contact Email
- Contact Phone
- How to Apply
- On website at www.ymcarbc.org/careers
We have multiple openings for this position across all our centers in Berks County. Please select location when completing the application.
You can also apply by submitting your resume and cover letter including location to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Direct Link
- Click here for more info