Early Childhood Educator
- Job Name
- Early Childhood Educator
- Angels’ Place, Inc. is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic professional Early Childhood Education Lead Teacher for a full-time position at our Swissvale location. Our center is Keystone STARS - STAR 4 and NAEYC Accredited.
The Lead Teacher is responsible for the implementation of the daily program for children, coordinates daily activities and supervises the classroom. The Lead Teacher will work as an integral member of the team.
Angels' Place is a nonprofit comprehensive early childhood education and family support program that provides child care and related services to single, low-income, full-time student and working parents.
The Lead Teacher creates an environment to reflect the cultural values and diversity of the children and families served.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists in the preparation and implementation of developmentally appropriate program activities for a group of children, adhering to the principles of child development.
- Coordinates daily activities, designs classroom environment and provides sight and sound supervision.
- Works with children, both individually and in groups, supporting daily routines and activities.
- Provides assistance in the personal care routines of children.
- Provides ongoing written observations and assessments of the assigned children.
- Assists with appropriate reports and record keeping in the classroom.
- Maintains a safe, clean, and appropriate environment by adhering to all policies and procedures of the center, Pennsylvania Department of Human Service’s regulations, NAEYC and Keystone Stars Quality Standards.
- Establishes and maintains positive communication and relationships with staff, children and parents.
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competency through participation in trainings, coursework and in-service activities, which may occur outside of typically scheduled hours.
- Performs other responsibilities as requested by supervisor.
- Job Type
- Education Level Required
- Location City
- Pittsburgh, PA 15218, United states
- Contact Person
- Contact Email
- Contact Phone
- How to Apply
- Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Direct Link
- Click here for more info