- Job Name
- Preschool Teacher
- Our eight preschool kiddos are an active bunch who enjoy school and love their teacher, who is having a baby! We take walks on our beautiful campus, create art projects, build complex Lego/block construction projects, and work as a team on floor puzzles as well as many other activities. Our curriculum evolves constantly, taking into account the children’s current interests and needs as well as the PA standards for pre-kindergarten and the values of Friends Education. While this is a full-time position, part-time hours may be considered.
Do you like singing silly songs? Reading to children? Getting messy? Playing outside?
If so, Oak Lane Day Care might be the right place for you!
Oak Lane is a small, non-profit, Quaker preschool, located on the beautiful campus of Westtown School in West Chester, PA. Our students range from a few months old to 5 years old; we are a small center with four classrooms and less than 10 children in each class. For most positions, some experience in an early childhood or primary/elementary school setting along with coursework in early childhood education is preferred. At the end of the day, though, a lot of common sense, a little imagination, and a great sense of humor are essential!
For all posted positions, we are looking for someone who connects well with children, is flexible in attitude and body, and has physical stamina. The successful candidate will be able to work well with children, colleagues, and parents in our close-knit community. As part of our team, you will engage with our children with kindness and respect, and share the task of keeping our school clean, organized, and welcoming.
Physical demands of teaching at Oak Lane:
1. Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds and be able to get on a child’s level in order to maintain physical and visual contact with children.
2. Must be able to be outdoors for periods of up to one hour in temperatures ranging from 25 to 90 degrees.
3. Must be able to see and hear well enough to both supervise and interact with children.
Current clearances, two written references, online mandated reporter training, and in person CPR/First Aid certification are required upon hire.
Oak Lane Day Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Job Type
- Education Level Required
- Location City
- West Chester, PA 19382, United states
- Contact Person
- Kath Houlahan, Director
- Contact Email
- Contact Phone
- How to Apply
- We welcome your application! Please email your resume and a letter of interest to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Direct Link
- Click here for more info