Afternoon Assistant Teacher
- Job Name
- Afternoon Assistant Teacher
- Our afternoon floater covers teachers’ lunch breaks during nap time and helps to close the center in the afternoon. Tasks include supervising both indoor and outdoor play, getting children ready for pick-up, and making sure the classrooms are ready for the next day. Joys include playing outside almost every afternoon, giggling with little kids over a silly game, and bringing your talents and creativity to our afternoon program. The hours are Monday-Friday, 1:00-5:30pm with a possibility of extra hours in the morning as needed.
Do you like singing silly songs? Reading to children? Getting messy? Playing outside?
If so, Oak Lane Day Care might be the right place for you!
Oak Lane is a small, non-profit, Quaker preschool, located on the beautiful campus of Westtown School in West Chester, PA. Our students range from a few months old to 5 years old; we are a small center with four classrooms and less than 10 children in each class. For most positions, some experience in an early childhood or primary/elementary school setting along with coursework in early childhood education is preferred. At the end of the day, though, a lot of common sense, a little imagination, and a great sense of humor are essential!
For all posted positions, we are looking for someone who connects well with children, is flexible in attitude and body, and has physical stamina. The successful candidate will be able to work well with children, colleagues, and parents in our close-knit community. As part of our team, you will engage with our children with kindness and respect, and share the task of keeping our school clean, organized, and welcoming.
Physical demands of teaching at Oak Lane:
1. Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds and be able to get on a child’s level in order to maintain physical and visual contact with children.
2. Must be able to be outdoors for periods of up to one hour in temperatures ranging from 25 to 90 degrees.
3. Must be able to see and hear well enough to both supervise and interact with children.
Current clearances, two written references, online mandated reporter training, and in person CPR/First Aid certification are required upon hire.
Oak Lane Day Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Job Type
- Education Level Required
- High School/GED
- Location City
- West Chester, PA 19382, United states
- Contact Person
- Kath Houlahan, Director
- Contact Email
- Contact Phone
- How to Apply
- We welcome your application! Please email your resume and a letter of interest to apply: email@example.com
- Direct Link
- Click here for more info