Case Manager, Prevention and Diversion Services
- Job Name
- Case Manager, Prevention and Diversion Services
- The Case Manager for Prevention and Diversion Services is responsible for addressing the immediate needs of individuals and families experiencing a housing crisis and who’ve applied for rent assistance to prevent them from becoming homeless. In addition to determining eligibility for support, the case manager is responsible for assessing, triaging, and connecting consumers to other mainstream services including alternative housing options.
The case manager will utilize a strengths-based, trauma-informed approach to engage families in resolving their housing crisis and will provide weekly support/counseling to help them meet their short-term housing needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Crisis Intervention and Stabilization
• Provide resources/referrals as appropriate for other needs, including food, benefits, domestic violence, employment, and credit counseling.
• Refer residents to behavioral health counselors for screening and services as needed.
• Manage case load of 10-15 program participants seeking rent assistance for rental arrears & security deposit for new housing.
• Assist with housing search, including working with Housing Inspector to compile updated listings of rentals for distribution to participants.
• Work with Housing Inspector and Prevention/Diversion Manager to mediate landlord disputes.
• Assist Prevention/Diversion Manager and Housing Inspector to coordinate delivery of rental assistance to landlords.
• Assist Prevention/Diversion Manager with community outreach and educating partners about the scope of services offered.
Implementation & Monitoring
Case managers will meet regularly (remotely) with families to link them to appropriate resources and service providers within the community and monitor utilization. Case managers will also monitor the quality of services families are receiving, offer solutions for eliminating service delivery obstacles, and make recommendations for additional linkages with other service providers as needed.
Competency Categories (see attached for more detail):
• Relationship Building
• Problem Solving
• Professional Behavior and Development
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in social work or related human services field
• Strong experience working with low-income families
• Grasp of the local referral network and enrollment process for mental health, behavioral health, and public benefits
• Prior experience documenting cases in a client database
• Proficiency in trauma-informed communication and case management
• Ability to manage shifting priorities and work efficiently with people in crisis situations
• Strong attention to detail and ability to apply program guidelines consistently
Preferred Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in social work
• Experience in social services delivery/case management is preferred.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
• Knowledge of the complexity of poverty and homelessness, trauma, behavioral health challenges,
• and the impact on individual and community health.
This job operates in an office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. May be required from time to time to come into PEC after regular working hours in order to provide support and assistance to clients when they are in crisis. May also necessitate working late in order to meet with clients whose schedules do not permit daytime interaction and travel with clients to and from necessary appointments/outings, such as lease signings.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that much be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk, use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate objects or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
PEC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
- Job Type
- Education Level Required
- Location City
- Philadelphia, PA 19104, United states
- Contact Person
- JoAnn Crisomia
- Contact Email
- Contact Phone
- How to Apply
- Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Direct Link
- Click here for more info