- Job Name
- Communications Manager
- The Communications Manager will support a dynamic team as the primary developer of mass external communications for People’s Emergency Center and our affiliates (PEC + Affiliates) during a transformative time, as we undertake a brand initiative and launch a new combined agency. This role works collaboratively across departments to develop, produce, and update all newsletters and websites, with the goal of raising our profile in the public eye, acquiring support, and stewarding donors. Ensures content is consistent, timely, and relevant by collaborating closely with program managers and directors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure content is consistent and reflects the organization’s strategic vision.
• Grow online supporter base through website traffic.
• Collaborate with Development team members to effectively recognize and steward donors (i.e., automated email/text campaigns)
• Build and implement communications plan for mass texting, in collaboration with the Director, External Communications.
• Write, edit, produce, and publish external mass communications and website pages.
• Assist in developing and editing content in support of social media strategies.
• Develop marketing and promotion plans and content related to eblasts, website, and donor acquisition
• Create a library of “evergreen” sales and marketing materials
• Write, edit, and revise content as necessary to assist other team members.
• Develop communications policies as needed.
• Develop monthly report on marketing activities.
• Manage individual volunteers and gifts-in-kind.
• Develop a budget for software and upgrades for growth and adhere to the finalized budget.
• Photography and videography.
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Expectations of Communications Staff
• Develop a keen awareness of the nuances of PEC+ programs and lines of business and be able to communicate clearly and effectively to multiple and diverse constituencies and stakeholders.
• Collaborate on the integration of PEC+ agencies.
• Contribute to a culture of philanthropy at PEC+ by building positive relationships across teams.
• Collect data and stories from program staff.
• Adopt a trauma-informed outlook.
• Lead and manage projects.
• Facilitate communications trainings to fulfill strategic goals.
• Contribute to a learning culture at PEC+ by using data to set goals and inform strategies.
• Work at events in the evenings or on weekends, as necessary.
• Participate in onsite, hybrid, or fully remote work as determined necessary by leadership.
• Client/Customer Orientation
• Organizing and Planning
• Oral and Written Communications
• Relationship Building
• Professional Integrity
• Results Orientation
• Innovative Thinking
• Strategic Alignment
• Bachelor’s degree in a field of study related to Communications
• 3-5 years or more of progressively challenging leadership and management experience in public relations, marketing, fundraising, and development.
• Demonstrated ability to write clear, concise, and engaging copy.
• Experience with systems like Constant Contact, Weebly, and Hootsuite. Exposure to Donorbox, and Salesforce is a plus.
• Sensitivity to and experience with the populations we serve, including youth and families experiencing homelessness or financial insecurity, or seeking social service resources, individuals who have had traumatic experiences, and residents of Belmont, Mantua, Mill Creek, Saunders Park, and West Powelton in West Philadelphia.
This job operates in an office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk, use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate objects or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
PEC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
- Job Type
- Education Level Required
- Location City
- Philadelphia, PA 19104, United states
- Contact Person
- JoAnn Crisomia
- Contact Email
- Contact Phone
- How to Apply
- Please send resume, cover letter, and three writing samples to resumedevelopment@pec- cares.org.
- Direct Link
- Click here for more info