For Job Seekers...
For job seekers, you must LOG-IN to get contact information on a given job.
If you do not have a login, you will need to JOIN our organization.
For employers, please
contact us if you would like to post a job listing.
Below are some of our more recent job listings: Meeting Manager Indianapolis, IN Posted: 09/06/17 Individual needed immediately to manage meetings for three non-profit professional associations (Society for Redox Biology and Medicine, Pacific Dermatologic Association and Atlantic Dermatologic Conference) within HollandParlette, an established Midwest association management firm.
Candidate would be responsible for planning 2 national and 3 regional conferences per year, including site selection, speaker coordination, print/electronic/social media promotion, AV, F&B, event registration, exhibits and scientific posters. Manager will also work with volunteer committees to develop and organize educational programming.
A detailed list of regular responsibilities can be viewed at:
Candidate should be well-organized and possess solid computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Constant Contact, WebEx, internet and social media and experience working with database applications, such as FileMaker Pro. Excellent customer service and phone skills required. At least 3 years previous meeting planning experience required. Experience planning medical or scientific meetings, knowledge of medical CME and current CMP credential highly desired. Candidate should be a self-starter and able to work with limited direction. Small, fast-paced office environment. Ability to handle multiple, concurrent tasks, prioritize and meet deadlines. Some travel required (approximately 25 days each year).
FT, starting salary low to mid $50K depending on experience; health benefits and 401K offered. Office located in Keystone at the Crossing. Interested candidates upload a cover letter and resume to https://www.ziprecruiter.com/job/fe4f05b4 no later than September 18.
Hiring company description
For over 30 years, HollandParlette has been providing management and specialized administrative services to professional societies and trade associations using a for-profit approach that runs not-for-profit associations like businesses. We manage associations of varying sizes and annual budgets. Within the AMC model, HollandParlette affords association clients the characteristics of economies of scale, experience in the association marketplace, flexibility and adaptability, buying power and centralized facilities.
Visitor Experience Manager Carmel, IN Posted: 08/29/17 Department: Visitor Experience
Reports to: Visitor Experience Assistant Director
Job Classification: Exempt, Full-Time, Manager
The Visitor Experience Manager at Hamilton County Tourism (HCT) manages the welcome and information programs for mid-tier and high-tier events, including pre-promotions, on-site information distribution, partner engagement opportunities, hospitality services and more. This position ensures successful outcomes for each welcome program and helps support a positive visitor experience. The Visitor Experience Manager also will develop and oversee the Hamilton County Ambassadors program, which will activate volunteers to support visitor services for major events.
Event Services (80%)
• Under the direction of the Visitor Experience Assistant Director, develop and oversee the Hamilton County Ambassador program. Recruit, train and communicate with volunteers as needed for events.
• Manage visitor experience for mid-tier and high-tier events, including pre-promotion and follow-up reports.
• Support sales department by promoting events in a sales capacity as needed.
• Work closely with sales to understand contract and event needs to ensure a smooth transition from sales to service. Continue to communicate with sales as needed.
• Work closely with marketing team to execute event services. Submit creative briefs, considering staff workloads and event schedule to ensure timely deliverables.
• Work closely with marketing to maintain up-to-date and accurate information on industry site, particularly “Event Services”.
• Build relationships with external service partners to ensure successful event execution.
• Provide monthly updates to Visitor Experience Assistant Director on events serviced and update CRM dashboard monthly.
• Assist Visitor Experience Coordinator with low-tier events as needed.
• Provide internal event management and assistance for HCT sponsored events as needed.
Visitor Information (10%)
• Coordinate and schedule staffing for onsite visitor information booths.
• Provide back-up coverage for the front desk.
Additional Responsibilities (10%)
• Participate in HCT-sponsored functions and activities as needed.
• Participate in staff meetings and project meetings as required by position or requested by supervisor.
• Demonstrate a commitment to developing and embracing Hamilton County Tourism’s core values of communication, collaboration, growth, intelligence and stewardship.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in tourism, event management or a related field
• Demonstrated ability to successfully manage events and/or provide hospitality services
• A minimum of 3 years post-college relevant work experience
• Professional demeanor and positive attitude
• Excellent customer service skills
• Solid verbal and written communication skills
• Strong problem solving and organizational skills
• Strategic thinking skills and ability to streamline processes
• Capacity to manage multiple projects and tasks
• Commitment to quality and accuracy
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Proficiency in current computer software systems
• Ability to lift at least 25 pounds and move boxes and bulky materials
• Valid driver’s license and ability to drive own car as well as HCT’s vehicles
• Although this position is primarily 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday, due to the nature of tourism and events, some weekend or evening work will be required
If interested in applying for the Visitor Experience Manager position, send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com by September 22. No phone calls please.
Manager, Global Account Sales NA, Posted: 08/04/17 HelmsBriscoe, the world's largest and most respected site selection and meeting procurement organization in the industry, is expanding and is looking for highly passionate entrepreneurs to join our global sales team.
If you have a background in hospitality industry sales or meeting management, are self-motivated, and want to enjoy the independence and rewards of owning your own business, consider joining the HelmsBriscoe sales team.
As a HelmsBriscoe Associate, we will offer you a strong support structure:
• 100% commission sales model with no earning limitations
• Advance sales commission payments and accounts receivable commission collection support
• Personalized mentoring and business plan development
• Customized new Associate education and orientation
• Ongoing educational opportunities at company and regional meetings
• Marketing and sales collateral
• Access to our best practices knowledge base with more than 20 years of collective data from Associates, ranging from hotel property experiences and destination knowledge to discussions on contracting language, terms and trends
• Regional customer event entertainment opportunities
• Use of our customized hotel search engine and proprietary database that provides you with the speed and market intelligence to provide your customers with outstanding service
• The clout, reputation, collective knowledge, and buying power that comes with joining the world's strongest network of more than 1,400 hospitality sales professionals
• Unique offers for you and your customers from HelmsBriscoe Partners
You will be responsible for the development of your customer base and the facilitation of site-selection searches and contract negotiations. The ideal candidate is highly driven, passionate and ethical. You should have basic skills in Microsoft Office, be extremely organized, be self-motivated and enjoy the freedom that comes with entrepreneurship. A background in the hospitality industry or other related field is recommended. A strong track record of successful new client development is preferred.
HelmsBriscoe - Choose a career that won't compete with your life. Becoming a HelmsBriscoe Associate is an opportunity for experienced, self motivated entrepreneurs to earn a comfortable living with ample time left over for the pursuit of personal fulfillment...also known as life!
Contact: Don Miller, Regional Vice President for more information and to schedule an interview. 614-726-3088 or firstname.lastname@example.org