For Job Seekers...
For job seekers, you must LOG-IN to get contact information on a given job.
If you do not have a login, you will need to JOIN our organization.
For employers, please
contact us if you would like to post a job listing.
Below are some of our more recent job listings: Meeting Planner, Sigma Theta Tau International Indianapolis, IN Posted: 09/24/18 Title: Meeting Planner
FLSA status: Exempt
Pay grade: 4
Job Summary: Planning, implementation and evaluation of events sponsored by the society and subsidiaries.
• Provide necessary information to the hotels to manage logistics – i.e., catering, room set-up, audio equipment, etc. for Sigma meetings and events
• Coordinate on-site registration processes and services, onsite and post event reporting and survey/evaluations for assigned programs
• Generate RFP’s and negotiate with hotels and vendors on behalf of Sigma
• Research, evaluate and implement improved processes and procedures for continuous improvement
• Design and produce the best quality events, with attention to the details, ensuring a flawless experience for Sigma attendees, sponsors, vendor partners and volunteers
• Responsibilities include forecasting (budgeting) and managing various meeting revenue areas and expense budgets to meet Sigma objectives and goals
• Help determine best pricing structure for events
• In collaboration with the Events Manager develop improved meeting and event
processes and efficiencies for managing the logistics for all Sigma meetings and events
• Responsible for monitoring, communicating and responding to member and miscellaneous emails coming to Events Team and Sigma and the department, on or any other customer services areas for the department
• Develop collaborative relationships with local groups and organizations whose missions support the work of Sigma and to learn and develop best practices in meeting and event planning
• Assist and support other department managers and staff on all logistical planning for Sigma meetings and events
• Other duties may be assigned
• Minimum 3-5 years educational meeting planning and logistics experience in a multi-departmental non-profit environment
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Knowledge in continuing professional education programs include familiarity with CE, rules & regulations compliance, as related to meeting coordination preferred
• Strong technical background and experience with company/organization wide databases, web and website applications and preferred meetings industry technology software tools (meeting planning logistics, Web/Smartphone, registration/badge, evaluation/surveys tools, and CE software applications)
• Proficient in the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and mail merges; RegOnline, Cvent and other meeting technology platforms
• Highly developed interpersonal skills, ability to network, and demonstrated high level of confidence and poise with a strong member service orientation
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and work
• Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism
• Demonstrated personal integrity in negotiations with vendors and contractors
• Ability to travel nationally and internationally to support projects and business requirements
Resumes can be emailed to Laura Thurman email@example.com