For Job Seekers...
For job seekers, you must LOG-IN to get contact information on a given job.
If you do not have a login, you will need to JOIN our organization.
For employers, please
contact us if you would like to post a job listing.
Below are some of our more recent job listings: Business Development Manager Indianapolis or Chicago, IN Posted: 02/02/18
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (Indianapolis or Chicago)
SUMMARY: Working within our close-knit and innovative marketing team, B&T is searching for an experienced professional services marketer interested in providing support for lawyers in our growing Corporate and Finance, Insolvency & Restructuring Departments. If you are a self-confident, yet total team player with advanced client service skills and a strategic mindset, we invite you to consider our available position. This position will be based in our Indianapolis or Chicago offices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Serves as the main point of contact (account executive) with assigned practice areas to access specialists and services within the marketing department team.
2. Develops and executes marketing and business development strategies and plans to support assigned departments, practice groups, teams and individual attorneys.
3. Provides support for assigned attorneys and teams in their specific new business pursuits – including proposals, RFP responses and capabilities presentations.
4. Monitors, analyzes and communicates market, industry and competitive trends for assigned practice areas. Conducts research related to clients, prospects, industry segments and competitors.
5. Develops and executes business development coaching plans with attorneys in assigned practice areas. Provides customized one-on-one coaching for assigned attorneys.
6. Plans, develops and executes marketing activities for assigned practice areas. Provides leadership for campaigns and for one-off opportunities. Activities include conferences, events, seminars, webinars and other activities that offer networking opportunities and access to prospects for assigned attorneys. Builds and maintains a calendar of internal and external events for assigned practice areas.
7. Supports the identification and planning for speaking engagements, events, conferences and seminars for assigned practice areas.
8. Collaborates with attorneys and practice area leadership on business development budget development, monitoring, and adjustments of assigned department, practice group and other marketing budgets. Evaluates and approves submitted attorney expenses as incurred.
9. Teams with leadership of assigned departments and other ICS/marketing staff in planning and completing lateral attorney orientations. Collaborates longer-term with lateral attorneys on business development planning, client migration to B&T and marketing expense planning and management.
10. Assists department and practice group leaders with business development-related administrative reports and presentations.
11. Plans and executes activities required to produce lawyer ranking submissions.
12. Supports cross-selling efforts, including assessment of the assigned practice areas’ penetration of the firm’s key accounts to identify and help monetize business development opportunities.
13. Develops a deep understanding of assigned practice areas, including services, expertise, clients and competitors. Serves as a firmwide connector who helps attorneys network within B&T.
14. Builds strong business relationships with lawyers and key staff within assigned practice areas, as well as with colleagues on the marketing team.
15. Attends practice area meetings and conference calls as appropriate to provide marketing team input and support.
16. Works with practice area leaders and the marketing team by helping to create/update practice descriptions, website information and additional special projects.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. A Baccalaureate degree with course work in relevant subjects such as marketing, communications or business management; MBA preferred.
2. Three (3) or more years’ experience in business development, sales or marketing in a professional services environment.
3. Demonstrated history of providing difference-making client service. Ability to recognize client needs and marshal resources to execute on them.
4. Excellent interpersonal skills and exceptional written and oral communications skills with the ability to present ideas clearly and concisely.
5. Proficiency at working independently and in teams with attorneys and marketing teammates. Must be resourceful with a hands-on approach and proven “make it happen” mindset.
6. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
7. Ability to travel to all offices as required.
Communications Manager Indianapolis, IN Posted: 02/02/18
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Communications, and according to established Firm policies and procedures, the Communications Manager works with the Director of Communications, Business Development Managers and other communications personnel to enhance the firm’s external and internal communications programs across the firm’s geographic network of offices through traditional and digital communications tactics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Create, implement and oversee communications programs and provide lead support for projects assigned to the communications group, including, but not limited to:
a. Manages new attorney biography and announcement process;
b. Writes and distributes press releases and announcements about firm news and events
c. Manages other writing projects, BT News (the firm’s internal e-newsletter), and All In (firm' diversity and inclusion newsletter), among others.
2. Works with attorneys in conjunction with the digital communications manager to manage client alert and blog process for internal and external distribution through a variety of channels.
3. Manages directory submissions and marketing surveys, including, but not limited to:
a. Researches, writes and edits submissions for Chambers USA and other legal marketing surveys that involve the firm;
b. Handles logistics for research interviews between attorneys and directory publishers;
c. Works with communications colleagues to post appropriate rankings and accolades to media channels (e.g., Web site, client communications, etc.)
d. Produces annual comparison reports of results and rankings;
e. Develops and maintains an online repository for reference in preparing future submissions.
4. Develops and manages attorney and firm awards and nominations process, including, but not limited to:
a. Identifies, writes and edits nominations on behalf of attorneys and the firm;
b. Maintains repository of nominees and honorees for future reference.
5. Researches, writes and edits communications for various practice groups and departments. Works alongside business development managers and director of communications to perform duties.
6. Creates, updates and maintains collateral marketing materials, including experience sheets, tri folds, custom inserts, specialty biographies and PowerPoints.
7. Serves as brand management resource for a variety of projects, including, but not limited to: ad design projects, agency communications, invitations, sponsorships advertising and newsletter layouts.
8. Maintains and updates firm’s lateral recruiting materials for firm and office managing partners.
9. Provides advice and counsel on new communications tools.
10. Assists with other projects in the Marketing Department, as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Three to five years of professional services industry management experience. Law firm marketing experience preferable.
2. Interpersonal and communication skills in order to communicate with a diverse group of attorneys, staff and clients and provide information with ordinary courtesy and tact while safeguarding confidentiality, and to represent the firm in a favorable and business-like manner.
3. Work often requires more than 40 hours per week to perform the essential duties of the position; requires irregular hours.
4. Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
5. Ability to proofread typed materials for grammatical, typographical and spelling errors; excellent written and oral communication skills. Experience with Associated Press Style (drafting and editing).
6. Proficiency in WindowsXP; Word, PowerPoint and spreadsheet applications, preferably Excel. Keen understanding of desktop publishing programs, including InDesign, Email Marketing (Exact Target), Blog platforms (WordPress).