For Job Seekers...
For job seekers, you must LOG-IN to get contact information on a given job.
If you do not have a login, you will need to JOIN our organization.
For employers, please
contact us if you would like to post a job listing.
Below are some of our more recent job listings: Business Educaton & Events Manager Indianapolis, IN Posted: 08/20/18 Department: Marketing
Position: Business Education & Events Manager
Reports to: Vice President,Business Education & Events
Exempt/Non-Exempt: Non-Exempt (OT Eligible)
Independently coordinate pre-conference, on-site and post-conference details for assigned Indiana Chamber regulatory compliance conferences and events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate conference/seminar logistics to include food and beverage, audio-visual equipment, handout materials and venue setup details.
• Act as lead planner and on-site facilitator for events/conferences as determined by Vice President, Business Education & Events.
• Actively use/update Basecamp projects, Personify database with prospective and confirmed speakers and conference income worksheet to track conference and event expenses.
• Procure conference/event supplies for department
• Coordinate onsite prep/packing/delivery for programs assigned
• Lead corporate social responsibility projects for conferences/events
• Assist as needed with additional event coordination, publication/product development
• Front desk coverage as assigned
Other duties as assigned and as deemed necessary by supervisor.
• College degree required.
• 2-3 years event/conference/hotel experience.
• Exemplary customer service experience.
• Extensive knowledge and experience with Microsoft office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
• Must be detail oriented, able to multi-task, work independently outside of the office and be self-motivated to problem solve.
• Ability to be flexible with schedule if after work hours or weekend work needed.
Incumbent has no direct reports, and therefore has no supervisory responsibilities.
Personal Work Relationships:
Must have the ability to work well with other departments, as well as with general public and maintain a positive attitude at all times.
Event Coordinator Indianapolis, IN Posted: 08/17/18 Faegre Baker Daniels has an opportunity for an Events Coordinator to work with our Business Development & Marketing team in our Downtown Indianapolis office. You will be a part of the events team supporting them with a variety of tasks related to the execution of firm marketing events and client entertainment. This position will work with other talented individuals who share a passion for doing great work in the best interest of our clients.
What you would do in this job:
• Submit CLE/HRCI/SHRM/CPE applications, track approvals, prepare onsite materials and track attendance
• Assist Event Planners with the development of targeted invitation lists
• Prepare post-event reports and monthly reports
• Research possible event venues as needed, and provide comparison reports and estimated budgets
• Create and prepare onsite materials for various events, including name badges, certificates, registration forms, etc.
• Review expenses related to events and prepare check requests for accounting
• Provide onsite event support as needed
• Maintain inventory records of the firm’s promotional items
• Work with vendors to research promotional product ideas, fulfill promotional product requests, and deliver/ship promotional items and event inventory
• Ad hoc projects and duties, as assigned
• Strong commitment to client service
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while responding quickly to shifting priorities
• Responsiveness and exceptional attention to detail
• Cooperation and the ability to collaborate in a team, including across offices
• Strong sense of urgency and professional dedication
• Ability to problem solve and use sound judgment
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Positive and professional demeanor
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience, preferably in marketing, hospitality or event management
• 1+ years of event management and sponsorship program experience
• Experience with project management, budget development and record management
• Ability to work overtime and outside of office hours, which may include early mornings, evenings and weekends
Group Sales Manager Indianapolis, IN Posted: 08/16/18 Unique among downtown hotels, the Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Downtown Union Station features authentic Pullman train car guest rooms resting on their original tracks and part of America’s first union station in a setting that is on the National Registry of Historic Places. Conveniently located in the heart of downtown and connected to the Indiana Convention Center makes us a leading hotel in the Indianapolis downtown hospitality industry.
The Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Downtown Union Station is locally owned and managed by General Hotels Corporation; a premier hotel management company providing award-winning hotel accommodations at all well-known hotel brands throughout the Midwest.
The Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Downtown Union Station is seeking an experienced candidate for the position of Group Sales Manager. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in hotel sales and will focus on building solid relationships with new and existing accounts while using creativity to proactively pursue new accounts for the hotel. This individual will be responsible for selling and utilizing hotel guestrooms, meeting and banquet space in the most profitable way with the ability and drive to exceed targeted revenue goals, execute sales strategies, and conduct outside sales calls, cold calls and site inspections.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Build solid relationships with new and existing accounts
• Proactively prospect for new accounts and identify new sources of business
• Sell and utilize hotel guestrooms, meeting & banquet space in the most profitable way
• Achieve or exceed targeted revenue goals
• Negotiate guest room rates, meeting room rental, function space, hotel services and terms
• Conduct outside sales calls, cold calls and site inspections
• Represent the company at trade association meetings and trade shows
• A minimum of two (2) years previous experience in hotel sales with a proven track record
• Ability to proactively sell hotel guestrooms, meeting and banquet space through active solicitation sales calls (outside and phone calls) and proper follow up
• Create sales strategy to maintain and grow existing accounts
• Responsible for sales strategy for the assigned market and complete quarterly action plans
• Ability to create professional and effective proposals, bids and presentations
• Generate revenue to exceed targeted revenue goals
• Strong professionalism, creative, enthusiastic, well-organized and goal oriented
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Attend sales meetings and/or training
• Requires excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Perform all other duties assigned by the Director of Sales
• Knowledge of Microsoft programs, experience in Delphi and/or Opera is a plus
Excellent benefits package
Company paid basic life insurance
Reduced hotel room rates at all InterContinental Hotel Group (IHG) brands